PDA

View Full Version : MECIR in Brisbane

rwy01
5th Jun 2010, 02:34
Hi all, just wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable (not shonky) flying school were I can complete my MECIR current flying school are S@&t. They want all money up front but can not guarantee flying hours and times.

j3pipercub
5th Jun 2010, 03:58
Yeah I know a really good school. Owen, is it true that Bert has opened up a satelite school at Archerfield with Bob Raker as CFI? Bob is a legend, flew for Air Ameica and then went on to pilot the Space Shuttle.

j3

ForkTailedDrKiller
5th Jun 2010, 06:33
His TIF includes taking you out to the hangar, dropping your pants and you know what http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif this prepares you for your life in aviation http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

A pox on you Owen! :mad:

How do I get the coffee out of my keyboard? :{

Dr :8

training wheels
5th Jun 2010, 06:39
Surely there are many flying schools in Melbourne who don't ask for money upfront. I can highly recommend the school where I did my MECIR. PM me if you want the details.

And BTW, no school can guarantee you the hours you'll need to reach the standard required to pass the MECIR.

Aerozepplin
5th Jun 2010, 06:43
And BTW, no school can guarantee you the hours you'll need to reach the standard required to pass the MECIR.

Except Bert I'd wager.

rwy01
5th Jun 2010, 06:47
I knew I shouldn't have asked for help from this web site because all I got was S@%T you think that othre pilots would like to help other pilots but no!!!

No wonder there is no more airmanship anymore!!

Aerozepplin
5th Jun 2010, 06:52
If you're worried about airmanship you'll know that no accident is unique, just like no flying school question is new.

But if you want to blame your lack of using the search function on our poor airmanship then knock yourself out.

j3pipercub
5th Jun 2010, 07:10
Aero, I like you... and RWY01, I'll give you a piece of advice you once gave me, get a grip on life...tw@t

Furthermore, the mods have made it very clear that any thread started asking about flying schools will no longer be tolerated... hence the p1ss taking...or was it, maybe Bert and Bob really do exist, maybe this is all a figment of your imagination, maybe you really are as good a pilot as you think...

you think that othre pilots would like to help other pilots but no

You haven't got your CIR yet, probably still a wannabe...

j3

Worrals in the wilds
5th Jun 2010, 08:18
His TIF includes taking you out to the hangar, dropping your pants and you know what http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

So that's why the Snorkair motto is 'suck it up'... and I thought it was a pun about snorkels. :\:}

PA39
5th Jun 2010, 08:43
:suspect: Look Mum....no hands!!

Zoomy
5th Jun 2010, 08:59
RQY 01 , Go talk to TS at the Redcliffe Aero Club. If I was to do it all again, that is where I would go. You will get facts, practical application and sound advice. RQAC would be on par too, but not sure how they cater for individuals.

Stop getting frustrated dude!:ok:

Peter Fanelli
5th Jun 2010, 14:41
I knew I shouldn't have asked for help from this web site because all I got was S@%T you think that othre pilots would like to help other pilots but no!!!
Oh give me a break.

When are you going to grow a pair and learn to make decisions for yourself in life?
If you've reached the point where you are ready for an IR you should be able to assess what's available yourself.

Same goes for all these "help me help me, I can't make a decision so help me" threads.

Think about it, if you ask then most responses will be nothing more that an endorsement for the establishment where that particular respondee did the training in question and since most things are only done once it's not likely that said respondee will have any experience elsewhere. IR renewals might be the only exception.

Jabawocky
5th Jun 2010, 22:53
I sent you a perfectly good PM.

Flat day rate, all they do is CIR/PIFR.....how much more tasked to the job is that?

training wheels
5th Jun 2010, 23:21
And who is Bert Snorkell? Have I missed something? :)