PDA

View Full Version : Instructors Rating Question...

swinglow10
4th Jun 2010, 13:46
Good Afternoon,
Just a quick post as I’m trying to seek some advice about doing my instructors rating. I have use of a warrior II for a very good rate and I was wondering if there is anyone who knows anyone who could complete this course on this aircraft for me. I am based on the south coast of England and would appreciate anyone who could help me. Where I rent the aeroplane from is an approved training establishment for PPL etc.
Thanks in advance.

Whopity
4th Jun 2010, 14:07
Firstly you will need to find an FTO approved for FIC training, there is a list of them here (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/srg_Lts_Orgs_Doc31v100.pdf) Then you will have to see if they will accommodate you with your own aircraft which will have to be added to the approval for the duration of the course. That should not be too difficult. You will have to go to the FIC provider, they cannot come to you. Options appear to be Headcorn, Goodwood, Shoreham, Bournemouth and Exeter.

Chinchilla.612
8th Jun 2010, 09:55
Hi there Swinglow10,
If you fancy trying a little further north, I can recommend OnTrack Aviation at Wellesborne airfield as being very good. They were also willing to let me use my own aircraft for the training, although as Whopity stated they need to add it to their approval.
Best of luck,
Chinchilla.

S-Works
8th Jun 2010, 10:24
I would second OnTrack. I have done most of my Instructor and Examiner courses with them and used my own aircraft.