PDA

View Full Version : Question

batu
29th Dec 2000, 03:54

Fırst of all HAPPY NEW YEAR to you allç

Now my questıon...I am almost 16 years old and I want (and MUST) to be an aırlıne pılot. I do have many alternatıves but I prefer to fly ın Europe.. my left eye -5.5 and my rıght eye ıs -4.25... do I have a (bıg) change that the rulees are gonna change when my age wıll be 18....??? All replays are welcome..thank you all ans see you ın sky :) :)

batu
6th Jan 2001, 03:35
Please confirm my question......thx to you all BA-2

Mr Magoo
7th Jan 2001, 01:38
First,

STOP WEARING GLASSES AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE RIGHT NOW!.

If you're at -5.5 (you don't mention any astigmatic component and that must be added too), then the specs you're wearing will be driving your eyesight even worse every second you wear them.

Go to www.seeing.org (http://www.seeing.org) and try some Bates stuff - also find a sensible optician who'll prescribe glasses about a dioptre less strong than you're currently wearing, (standard optical prescriptions are for 6/5 in each eye which is stronger than people with "normal" vision).

Cheers

Magoo

(check some of my previous posts for other tips - I was in your situation this time last year but had got a class one medical by May 2000 with -3 dioptres in each eye!!

[This message has been edited by Mr Magoo (edited 06 January 2001).]

loz
7th Jan 2001, 16:43
Magoo,
how old are u?
i tried that kind of exercices last year during few weeks ; i wore weaker glasses prescriptions but i got no result ; can u give info and tips to get better vision; i'm -3.00 ;thanks for help
loz

Lewis
8th Jan 2001, 04:32
Forget about the Bates Methods and the other expensive vision therapy. They don't work. Magoo is right about not wear your glasses unless it is absolutely necessary and when you wear them use reduced prescription.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/eyequack.html

batu
8th Jan 2001, 21:25
Thanks Magoo,
I must be an airline pilot( prefer in Europe).....
by the way are you a pilot yet....???

I do have a little astimat......pretty F***ED UP....Thanx Bye Batu

batu
8th Jan 2001, 21:34
By the way Loz......you can be a pilot with -3,00 why are you worrying....keep up the good work bye :) :)

Flying Clog
9th Jan 2001, 00:46
I've wandered into this forum not knowing what I was getting into.

I'm a (young) 22 year old turboprop first officer. I currently wear contact lenses for about 12-14 hours a day, at a strength of -1.25. I know this doesn't seem bad, but my eyes have deteriotated since the age of 18.

Does this give me reason to worry about my future flying career? Any advice will be appreicated.

loz
9th Jan 2001, 02:34
batu and lewis thanks for ur help:
i'm -3.00 but myopia is not stable yet; but -3.00 is the limit for the jar fcl class1 in europe (except for the caa class 1) , i was 2.50 at the beginning of my pilot formation one year and an half ago ; i hope to be on the right hand seat of a europena (if possible for a belgian one such as the sabena) airline in about eight months ;
do u think that my myopia will be stabilised once my studies completed?? anybody else in the same case??
thanks