PDA

View Full Version : LAME positions at QF Sydney

qf 1
2nd Jun 2010, 09:05
is there any lame positions going in Sydney,i'm ex heavy , that left in 06,or is there any word of work in the near future or casual positions...:}:}:}

another superlame
2nd Jun 2010, 10:40
There are 10-20 or so ex SYD heavy LAMEs working as AMEs at the Jet Base in various areas that have current licences and only need a managers stamp of approval to turn them into LAMEs. These managers reckon they have more than enough 767 licences and there are enough licenced AMEs with 744 licences that will get them out of the poo if needed.

So the rumour of more LAMEs being required for base I would think is just a rumour. But then this is a strange place and weirder things have happened.

There are also heaps of AMEs ready for training with all basics and full SOE books, but you would need a manager with balls and foresight to train the younger staff members. And then these young guys have to climb over the Senior LAMEs who think that any new training should go to them first before any newer engineers, but this could be a whole thread on its own.

qf 1
2nd Jun 2010, 21:26
thanks people,i thought there was a skilled labour shortage in Australia,i'll just have to keep doing what i'm doing.pays better anyway,just boring

Ngineer
3rd Jun 2010, 02:57
Hi QF1,

I don't suppose you have any good positions where you are? There are a few guys looking for an out.

rammel
3rd Jun 2010, 04:00
QF1 I don't know what license's you have, but I heard Air New Guinea are looking for B767 LAME, and fly in fly out may be available. Money is also better than QF.

I heard this from a friend of a friend who recently left QF and now works for them.

ampclamp
3rd Jun 2010, 12:30
I can confirn jetstar are definitely training up a number of 320 people to take on 330 work.Short conversin and off to Asia for prac.

Silverado
3rd Jun 2010, 13:47
Jetstar are hiring LAME's in SYD if thats of any interest.

Opportunities at Jetstar (http://www.bfound.net/list.aspx?coid=27)