PDA

View Full Version : Refuel in Edinburgh Area.......

EESDL
1st Jun 2010, 21:10
Is there an alternative for Jet fuel in Edinburgh area other than EGPH?
Planning to land at Musselburgh (11nm East side of Edinburgh) and looking for alternative location for Jet A-1 on Saturday afternoon.

Just wondering if Viet Jock Air Force know something that I don't......FIFE only has AVGAS according to good book/web-site.

Any recomendations for handler if I do have to use EGPH?

Thanks in advance

Sir Herbert Gussett
1st Jun 2010, 21:20
Cumbernauld Airport (EGPG) has it

VeeAny
2nd Jun 2010, 06:20
Greer Aviation if they are still there.

They used to look after me very well when I was up and down to the Fife area in the past.

Fuel was always there waiting, there was no BS and if you needed to get something done they would help rather than tell you why it couldn't be done.

GS

OvertHawk
2nd Jun 2010, 07:11
Try Iain Grindlay at Lothian Helicopters - they used to have a site to the south east of Edinburgh.

TiPwEiGhT
2nd Jun 2010, 15:06
A chap named Richard Bailey had a Gazelle and EC120 G-EIZO at a private site just south of EGPH. If you can get a number for him perhaps he might be able to help you.

TiP:ok:

Bladecrack
2nd Jun 2010, 21:43
I looked at this site before but ended up just going to the airport. It's marked on the charts with and H and called Addiston. Here are the details I found for the operator, I've no idea if they are current but if you do have any luck let us know as I might ask to land there in future.

Operated by Richard Bailey, Addison Mains
Ratho
Midlothian
EH28 8NT
Telephone: 01313 332522
Fax: 01313 333235
E-mail: [email protected]
Notes: 'H' on concrete pad- parking on grass. House and hangar adjacent to pad. WIndsock displayed. Inside EGPH zone; call on 121.2 before entering zone. Call EGPH tower on 118.7 before lifting.

Good luck.

BC