PDA

View Full Version : Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sensible
6th Nov 2000, 17:26
Just had a JAA Class 2 medical. One of the questions was something like 'have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease?' I should have asked the doc at the time because I have been puzzled about the relevence ever since. I could understand if the question was 'DO you HAVE a sexually transmitted disease?' Couldn't see the problem with what has passed providing it was now cured! I thankfully have no personal experience of the clap!

Any ideas?

Mark 1
6th Nov 2000, 17:55
I think a dose of clap, will still get you through:

JAR-FCL 3.310 Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Other Infections
Date: February 28, 1997

(a) An applicant for or holder of a Class 2 medical certificate shall have no established medical history or clinical diagnosis of any sexually transmitted disease or other infection which is likely to interfere with the safe exercise of the privileges of the applicable licence(s).

(b) Particular attention, in accordance with Appendix 7 to Subpart C, shall be paid to a history of or clinical signs indicating:

(1) HIV positivity,

(2) immune system impairment,

(3) infectious hepatitis, or

(4) syphilis.

redsnail
7th Nov 2000, 02:11
The main hassle with HIV (and other STD's) is that it can induce psychosis in the patient before it manifests itself as "full blown AIDS". Not nice at FL210....

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

Sensible
7th Nov 2000, 02:26
Thanks for the replies Mark 1 and redsnail. I guess you are finding good reasons to be celibate! :)

IBTheseus
10th Nov 2000, 05:45
NO! Not at all. Just safe!