PDA

View Full Version : Logging Supermumery flying

squawkident.
31st May 2010, 18:34
Hello,

I'm an experienced 320 FO and have recently started work for a new company.
As part of the induction / line training, I had to supernumery (jump seat) 4 sectors of flying.

I assume that as I was not part of the operating crew, I do not log these hours.
The only reason I ask is that my company have recorded this time as part of my annual flight time, and factoring it into my monthly/annual flight time allowance.

My question is: am I correct to assume I don't log this time in my log book, OR is my company correct in logging this time and that I was operating as crew?

I assumed I could only log P1 or P2 time? Would this be P2 time perhaps?

Thanks

SIdent.

RoyHudd
31st May 2010, 19:56
Supermumery flying sounds odd.

Supernumary flying should not be logged.

flyhighspeed300
31st May 2010, 20:26
You are correct, you cannot log the time.

The reason for logging your flight details maybe due to flight performance factors. i.e Pilot fatigue. Breaks for your next flight. Also it could be because of jump seat rides. After 9/11 the CAA and FAA do not like other people apart from to people flying the aircraft in the cockpit. I Know of rule and regulations in this area because I missed out on a jump seat ride with an airline in the past.

One other thing that I just thought of it could be flight pay. You no the score. Basic pay and the extra money when you fly the aircraft. This is why they may have logged your details to pay you flight pay for sitting there and watching :ok:. you will need to read your new contact.

IRISHPILOT
8th Jun 2010, 09:08
depends a little on what regulations apply. LASORS used to allow you to log it as P2. Check the conditions nowadays in said document.

cheers IP

Ok, had you been appointed to supervise the FO, you would have logged it as P2. As you were sny, you can log it as such and not count the hours, which is useless (LASORS section A, appendix B, Guide to logbook annotation). All this is good for the UK CAA only.

cheers IP

Torque Tonight
8th Jun 2010, 09:26
Most (all?) airlines require you to do some jump seat rides as part of your training. You are there as supernumerary crew and cannot log the time as P1, P2 or anything useful. If you want to record the flight it can be entered in the logbook under SNY with the time written in the 'other' column or comments section. This time does not count towards your logbook totals but is relevent for crew duty times and pay (hopefully).