PDA

View Full Version : Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy

R.Perry
5th Feb 2001, 22:33
Hi, I took my class 1 at Gatwick only to find out that I may (or may not) have a condition known as Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy, subsequent tests at my local hospital have found basically the same results, they will neither diagnose me nor will they give me a clean bill of health. I borderline on a normal echo (septum is just outside normal limits by the smallest increment on the scale it was measured with) and I have an inverted s-t wave on my ecg.I am told that neither of these factors would disqualify me on their own . I have never suffered from any symptoms and this has been investigated for two years now with no change (fortunately my cardiologist put me on his NHS list and I haven't had to pay). Does anyone know if there is anything I can do?
As I would really like to be able to start flying. Also does anyone know anything about regulations concerning glider pilots with this sort of condition carrying passengers/instructing if I can't resolve this medical issue? (will I be compeled to stop flying gliders solo?)