PDA

View Full Version : Der Fuhrer fails his PPC..

guntslapper
30th May 2010, 21:52
Any truth in this rumour?

How does he pontificate about knowledge and standards when his own are obviously so low?

samjetblaster
30th May 2010, 22:18
Who is Der Fuhrer??

pool
31st May 2010, 02:34
True. It has never been a very healthy option to evacuate with engines running.

"Sere iss sömsing fishy aböut sis, sei möst be heiding sömesings"

Fart Master
31st May 2010, 02:50
Looks like it as he has an extra training day on his roster plus a warning watch on his next flight.......tw@t

Kamelchaser
31st May 2010, 03:27
Was wondering how long it would take for this to become public. You lads are slipping :}

IXNAT
31st May 2010, 09:55
Hopefully the TRE has all of the T's crossed and I's dotted correctly. Let's see; this, the incorrect G/A while making a PA, Naritta....what's next? Probably will be promoted.:eek:

yardman
31st May 2010, 14:29
Guys,

Honestly I have no love for the guy. I've never met him and I hear he's a piece of work. But honestly I think this topic is beneath us discussing in a public in a forum such as this.:=

Mister Warning
31st May 2010, 14:33
Yardman,

You gotta be kidding me!

Bring it on, boys! :ok:

yardman
31st May 2010, 15:20
Can't say I didn't try:(

Oyindo
31st May 2010, 15:27
He is only human so give him a break Guys. Hopefully it will humble and change attitudes :ok:

Fellowship of the drink
31st May 2010, 15:49
Oyindo

I don't think he'd treat you like a human if you're sitting opposite him and he's grilling you on issues ranging from forgetting to sign your VR because the company was working you like a dog with "back to back" red-eyes and you simply forgot, or when you taxi'ed more than 10 kts on an apron taxiway, or why you almost exceeded 250kts below 5000' or simply ask the hundreds of command interviewees how human they felt after being interrogated by his Fuhrerness for almost an hour.

I believe in Karma and the saying "Be careful whose bum you kick on your way up, because your bum will get kicked twice as hard on your way down"

Fart Master
31st May 2010, 15:57
Snorkel.........exactly, that's the central theme to this thread. If he was a good manager people would be sympathetic and it wouldn't even occur to anyone to post this information on pprune.................for those of you who don't agree, consider this website as our proxy to a union

5star
31st May 2010, 16:32
Actually can't stop smiling since I heard the story a few days ago...And for sure I won't be the only one....

Let's wait and see how our Herr "Flick" vill take revenge on zhe rezistanze zhee coming wveeks......

Oyindo
31st May 2010, 16:39
I believe in Karma and the saying "Be careful whose bum you kick on your way up, because your bum will get kicked twice as hard on your way down"

I feel there is hope for our beloved Fuhrer, I do hope he reads this thread and changes for the good of all. Otherwise out with the tyrant. Credibility will then be a serious problem for him with snickering remarks and glances.

Es lebe Unser Führer:D

Kamelchaser
31st May 2010, 17:32
....ze humiliation will be unbearable. Even worse than seeing out the war teaching ze home economics at ze all girls school in ze Motherland.
:}

Oyindo
31st May 2010, 18:19
Stripypajamas, should be able to use a few clips from – The Goodbyeee episode to create one of his master pieces.

Humour at it's very best, just love it

Capt Groper
31st May 2010, 19:53
The statement of yardman
Honestly I have no love for the guy. I've never met him and I hear he's a piece of work. But honestly I think this topic is beneath us discussing in a public in a forum such as this.
should be taken more seriously before all credibility in this forum and the aviation community is lost and the free flow of useful information and knowledge vanishes because of somebodies irresponsible posting.

A concerned reader!

Fellowship of the drink
1st Jun 2010, 03:44
before all credibility in this forum and the aviation community is lost and the free flow of useful information and knowledge vanishes because of somebodies irresponsible posting.

I tought the information posted here about SP is useful and highly indicative of how unpopular he is with the troops. I do not see any irresponsiblity here if it is indeed the truth. It is a rumour network after all.

If SP was someone who was liked by his pilots, I may have a bone to pick with the poster, but like most of our flight ops management who do not give a toss about pilots, he is a fine example of an ineffective leader who uses terror, intimidation, disrespect as his tools to rule with an iron fist instead of leading by example.

Its a free world (at least outside of Arabia) so you are free to support him all you want, just don't expect SP, AB and our beloved flt ops top guns to reciprocate your benevolent gesture when you inadvertantly cross flt ops management. Like I said, karma; be careful who you kick on your way up... that goes for his sidekick AB too.

pool
1st Jun 2010, 04:27
amen to that!

I am venting a little too much sometimes, I know. However my psychiatrist told me to let it out, otherwise it will slowly destruct me.
However, letting out in a punitive environement like the ME is detrimental to your carreer or health. So what to do? PPrune comes in handy and is therefore therapeutical. (this was meant to be funny)

Concerning our management stooges, it is obvious that all comments from some naive fellow aviators from the outside are almost cynical when they lecture us to go the official channels to complain, propose improvements etc. and blah, blah. Do just that and you'll have a confirmed seat out. Threat and disposal is their only way of dealing with criticism. This threat culture breeds more Fuhrers on its way forward. Who in his right mind would want to join a team like the one we have today? Only guys who see their life saver in such a move, meaning weak pilots or sick minds. Go muddle in SP's history and you will see what I mean. It is a negative and one way street selection. Basically we can (and will) bash the excremets of such individuals as they inevitably happen, but the real culprits are to be found well above them. Sick minds breed and cultivate more sick minds and the retard is the very origin of that. But even further up there are more culprits. As a CEO it is your duty to oversee your department managers. Not only in their economical performance, but just as much in their human factor and leadership qualities. The complete absence of interest in the latter from TC is just as cynical and detrimental to the company culture and finally to safety itself.

My biggest blame however goes to the owners. HH must know about the situation, otherwise he does not deserve to take out such a dividend. Profit ensues knowledge about the provenance, not only for Nike shoes, but just as much for a product with such safety implications as ours.

I do not feel guilty at all pointing the finger at someone who applies undue pressure and threats on his subordinates and delivering such a poor performance himself.:yuk:

Instant Hooligan
1st Jun 2010, 09:12
Kudos to the hero that failed EGT, first, second and third round is on me...!!!

Fellowship of the drink
3rd Jun 2010, 15:24
So what happened in NRT?

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/415301-boeing-leaders-ek-screw-up-japan.html

4HolerPoler
3rd Jun 2010, 17:55
Binned a post from Alconguin Crusader that was way out of line (take a yellow card Sir) and a few that picked up on the drivel he was espousing. Carry on guys.

4HP

Payscale
3rd Jun 2010, 18:22
Give it a rest.
The guy is a moron, but remember he is a management pilot. Hence he has no routine, and is slightly more unsafe to operate aircraft than the average line pilot.
More management pilots should fail their PPCs. Its only natural..

The religion slander belongs in irish vilage. Not here.. :hmm:

dooner
6th Jun 2010, 04:52
Payscale

Be careful of slagging all management pilots off, I am not on the Boeing Fleet but know well of the reputation of the individual in question and have seen it directly with my neighbours after they returned from their command interviews.

I flew recently with an Airbus management guy (Westerner) and although he freely admits his skills are not as sharp as they were as a line guy, the cockpit was run very professionally and I had no issues with how he "drove the bus" what-so-ever.

Having been in their shoes in another company, I can echo the statements of previous posters, if you are honest and up-front about your lack of sharpness, guys will be sympathetic. However this is clearly not the case and yes I have witnessed said Boeing person in front of the ELOM guys trying to see if he really did pooch an approach or was it the tailwinds that he didn't account for. I thought after his almost reconcilliatory attitude that day he would have learned something, obviously the "wake up call" didn't sink in.

Has it now.....

Dooner:ok:

Payscale
6th Jun 2010, 05:40
My point is that maybe pilots shouldnt be in management, or if they are they should fly a recurrent sim every month to stay on top of things or resign from line flying. Maybe this fella never was very good. I dont know... however, it not really news worthy, is it?

IXNAT
6th Jun 2010, 06:22
It's newsworthy if the individual doing evaluations and dishing out punishment on line pilots, and he himself cannot adhere to the standard he is setting. Or maybe he needs to do a few sectors besides inaugaral flights. A Bahrain turn or Tehran turn on a Friday or Saturday should surfice.

swish266
6th Jun 2010, 14:12
Even the dumbest of them know that! So when they can't, they start dishing out the **** to the ranks.
It's a proverbial story.
And much more common than most of us realize.
@+@=***

Oyindo
6th Jun 2010, 19:06
Or maybe he needs to do a few sectors besides inaugural flights. A Bahrain turn or Tehran turn on a Friday or Saturday should suffice.

Shoult put ze hair back on ze chest ;)

harry the cod
8th Jun 2010, 16:37
Having to work at the weekend? No no no, that really isn't on you know.

Next thing you'll be expecting them to work a full day in the office then come in for a PPC. Err........hang on a minute......wasn't that what actually happened!!! :eek:

As someone just posted, good managers lead by example. Giving warnings to pilots for not being back in Dubai after days off and being 'acclimatised' before flights is simply boll**ks when you havn't rested yourself.

Harry

5star
9th Jun 2010, 07:41
Harry,

The thing about haven' to be acclimitized before a flight after leave is bull*cks. The acclimatized thing has to be applied BETWEEN pairs and thus constrains operators from planning crazy pairs one after the other. However the company has nothing to do with what you do in your free time.

I've not been acclimatized several times after my leave and I will do it again and again. And didn't get a letter yet from the tw*t. If he would send me one, I'll stuff it up his **se personally....

captainsmiffy
9th Jun 2010, 12:06
In the vernacular that you aspire to use, sir, they are generally referred to as "bOll*cks" and not "bUll*cks" - which, as everybody knows, are young bulls!

Wizofoz
9th Jun 2010, 12:23
Harry,

The thing about haven' to be acclimitized before a flight after leave is bull*cks. The acclimatized thing has to be applied BETWEEN pairs and thus constrains operators from planning crazy pairs one after the other. However the company has nothing to do with what you do in your free time.

I've not been acclimatized several times after my leave and I will do it again and again. And didn't get a letter yet from the tw*t. If he would send me one, I'll stuff it up his **se personally....

Care to come up with a reference to support that, 5star?

You are acclimatised if you spend two local nights within a 2hr time-zone difference.

If you don't, you're not.

That is why we are always assigned two days off after leave.

You may have gotten away with it, but if you were ever found to have busted FTLs through not being acclimitised, you would have some 'splaining to do!

White Knight
9th Jun 2010, 14:32
That is why we are always assigned two days off after leave.

Don't think so Wiz! Maybe after a full 21 day block but after my last 10 day block one day off and a Lagos:{

flaphandlemover
9th Jun 2010, 15:17
bei se wai....

has anyone seen se furer?

seems he is on vacation....

or has he made space in se office?

Wizofoz
9th Jun 2010, 16:41
I'm sure that's true if you say so, WK but, including your day off, did that mean two local nights before commencing duty?

White Knight
9th Jun 2010, 18:01
2 local nights Wiz - that's a different thing:ok: Although I'm sure that in the past I've been rostered back day after leave, but heck, my memory is turned to a mushy mess recently... I wonder why?

TRV anybody??????

helen-damnation
9th Jun 2010, 20:41
As I understand it, you are expected to return on the last day of your leave. The extra day off is to ensure you are acclimatised for the following day, if required.

IXNAT
9th Jun 2010, 23:27
5star, Better check some of the boys that have been removed from ULRs and called in to explain when they haven't been within two time zones prior to the ULR. It is happening, believe me, it is. Moral of the story, don't bid a ULR during a month with leave.

Sataybox
10th Jun 2010, 07:57
are expected to return on the last day of your leave. The extra day off is to ensure you are acclimatised for the following day,

You are acclimatised if you spend two local nights within a 2hr time-zone difference.

Incorrect. Acclimatised is when you've spent THREE consecutive local nights in a time-zone two hours wide.

By the way, you don't need to have been free of duty furing the night. You can be on night turnarounds each night and still be acclimatised. :suspect: Not a lot of people know that!

The day off after leave is mandatory (so far) but is not for acclimatisation for a ULR or anything else. The old FOM requirement is that you're back in Dubai "in good time, properly rested and ready to commence the first duty."

They put out a "letter" a few months back saying for acclimatisation you'd be rostered a ULR trip thusly:

XX XX XX 211 - - XX XX
SBU

heywood u bleume
10th Jun 2010, 12:46
SATAYBOX

"By the way, you don't need to have been free of duty furing the night. You canbe on night turnarounds each night and still be acclimatised. Not a lot of people know that!"

The reason not a lot of people don't know that is because it is NOT TRUE.

OM A Section 7, page 7 Definitions

Acclimatised:

When a crew member has spent 3 consecutive local nights ON THE GROUND within a time zone which is 2 hours wide, and is ABLE TO TAKE UNINTERRUPTED NIGHTS SLEEP. The crew member will remain acclimatised thereafter until a duty period finishes at a place where local time differs by more than 2 hours from that at the point of departure.

HUB

Sataybox
10th Jun 2010, 13:03
Yeah I know, BUT .......the way it is used against you is that you remain acclimatised until you END a duty outside the two hour band.

My point is, you can be acclimatised, then operate to some of our north/south destinations, layover for the night and operate back and still remain acclimatised for Dubai ops, despite having operated Back-of-Clock for one or maybe even both of the sectors.

The three nights of uninterrupted sleep is to get you acclimatised in the first place. Those three nights could've been weeks or months before, followed by (seemingly) endless night-turnarounds and a BOC layover to certain destinations and you'd STILL be acclimatised!

This is the point I was making; you're right, I wrote it incorrectly... sorry for the confusion.

BigGeordie
10th Jun 2010, 13:05
This must cause more confusion than any other part of the FTLs. What gets people is that once they are acclimatised they can do night turnarounds for ever and they stay acclimatised until they do a layover that is more than 2 hours time zone change from Dubai. You do not become unacclimatised by doing turnarounds, no matter what time of the day or night they happen.

Also, the one day off after leave is not enough to acclimatise you as you need 3 local nights. If you fly back on your last day of leave the extra day off only gives you two local nights.

helen-damnation
11th Jun 2010, 09:16
Thanks, happy to be corrected :O

Thus, if you come back from leave, have one day off and are then rostered a ULR, it's illegal rostering if you have been more than 2 hours time difference from DXB. You are legally required to refuse since you do not meet the LEGAL requirements of the OM-A :}

Where they will get you by the short and curlies, is if you have several days off after leave and then a ULR.

Sataybox
11th Jun 2010, 12:03
it's illegal rostering

It's probably only illegal if YOU get caught.

Just like everything else around here...