PDA

View Full Version : Atpl First

MightyDucks
30th May 2010, 18:00
Can anybody tell me if it is possible to do the 14 Atpl exams with out having any flight experience? and if so would it be recommended

Whirlygig
30th May 2010, 18:13
If you are doing a modular course, then you need a PPL first. If you are doing an integrated course, then you are undergoing a structured course involving flying and studying.

So no, you can't just do the exams on your own with no flying experience. Much of the course would likely make no sense and I can't think why on earth you'd want to do that.

Cheers

Whirls

MightyDucks
30th May 2010, 18:18
Because i think its would be the hardest part of the course for me

mad_jock
30th May 2010, 18:24
For the modualar course its part of the entry requirments to hold a ICAO ppl.

For intergrated nothing is required but you will take them in due course. I don't have a clue if you do any flying before taking them.

downwind24
30th May 2010, 20:09
Like Whirls say's you would be mad. Even the simplest exams like Comms would probably make no sense. You may be better of gaining some flight experience first.

Each to their own tho
:}

alphaadrian
30th May 2010, 21:13
And as well, the ATPLs only have a validity period (3years I believe but might be wrong). So even if you could do them first..the clock would then be ticking for you to get your ppl,cpl,hour building,mep,meir before they ran out. Pressure you certainly wouldnt need!!

Alph

riciardi
31st May 2010, 05:22
Integrated, can be done. Not unusual in a few places (non native English)

Luke SkyToddler
31st May 2010, 06:09
Dont even try it ... you'd only piss your instructor RIGHT off. If you don't have the PPL level of knowledge then you won't grasp many of the basic concepts that you are assumed to have before you start ATPL theory.

PPL exams are cheap enough, do them first before you waste the big bucks on failing your ATPLs because you had no basic grounding.