PDA

View Full Version : Northern and Southern emisphere..

Alphabeast
30th May 2010, 17:45
Somebody told me that before thinking about flight training and FTOs, it is essential to know whether we want to work in the northern or southern emisphere. Should I take this as true ? Thanks in advance.

Whirlygig
30th May 2010, 17:54
Someone's pulling your leg .....

However, it is essential that you know which countries you are entitled to work in because getting a licence for a country in which you have no right to live or work is pointless.

Cheers

Whirls

v6g
30th May 2010, 20:10
It's quite quick to do a hemisphere-conversion course anyway... best way is to train on or near the equator that way you can get your license endorsed for both hemispheres.

Whirlygig
30th May 2010, 21:27
Because propellors rotate in a different direction on one hemispere to the other, equator training is very specialized as the propellors don't rotate at all when you are exactly over the equator ... it's all in the coriolis effect.

Cheers

Whirls

alphaadrian
31st May 2010, 09:43
I hear Eaglejet are offering a hemisphere conversion course which includes 500 hours equator flying for abour 50k. Any takers?:ok:

Gulfstreamaviator
31st May 2010, 13:50
the course will be in East London, at the Higgings school of Haviation.

glf

Shiver me timbers!
31st May 2010, 16:29
Training in one hem and working in the other can be quite problematic however in recent years more and more airlines are allowing for their flights to be conducted inverted until the pilot gains more experience.

Alphabeast
1st Jun 2010, 19:00
Well assuming that I'm of double nationality (Italo/Mauritian). It's obvious to think that I'll be entitled to train and work in the EU am I right ?

AlexanderH
1st Jun 2010, 22:40
I assume you mean Italy rather than Italo and if you currently have an Italian passport then yes you should have every right to train or work in the European Union.

jez d
3rd Jun 2010, 11:50
Beware of aircraft compasses made in China by Ming Da.

According to the manual that comes with them they are so accurate they are only for use in 'Northern Hampshire'. :ok:

SSTR Man
3rd Jun 2010, 13:12
˙ǝsɹnoɔ uoısɹǝʌuoɔ sıɥʇ ʇnoqɐ slıɐʇǝp uo ssɐd ǝsɐǝld ƃ9ʌ 'sǝɹǝɥdsıɯǝɥ ɥʇoq uı ƃuıʞɹoʍ oʇ pǝsn ʇoƃ ɹǝʌǝu ʎllɐuosɹǝd I