PDA

View Full Version : Flight school in UK... or ireland or scotland too!

meloni
29th May 2010, 09:06
Hi to all...

I will make a small vacation around those places next week or two......
My english is a bit rusty and I have the TEA exams soon so this is a good occasion to practice a little, also If there is the possibility will be awesome to get a robbie to fly around.

Do you know any school that operate R22's with some good guys so I can fly during the day and possibly in the night have a good beer with them?

Even if they have "N" registred ship will be fine, since I'm both FAA and JAA commercial (faa CFI too)

Thanks in advance for any input,
Ciao from the sunny Italy

GOT
29th May 2010, 10:03
I'd go for Fast Helicopters in Shoreham-by-Sea. Great school!

Sliding Doors
29th May 2010, 12:53
I wouldn't :{
Or were you suggesting in jest?
Plenty that are much better out there :ok:

You might get more responses if you indicate where in the UK you'll primarily be visiting?

Then with a small selection give each a call, and decide which you like the sound of :cool:

feathering tickles
29th May 2010, 17:33
Helicentre at Liverpool or Caernarfon in North Wales (watch for their advert on PPRuNe) would be delighted to welcome you.

They are experienced in helping people to whom English is a second language and will help you with accommodation and transport.

Please get in touch via www.helicentre.com (http://www.helicentre.com) or PM.

Ciao!

Sir Herbert Gussett
29th May 2010, 17:49
Last time I checked, my country (Scotland) was still part of the UK !! I have heard of great talk regarding Helicentre at Liverpool. Worth calling them.

meloni
30th May 2010, 06:16
That's cool....

hope to have the possibility to make this trip, that will be a lot of fun!

Thanks a lot for all of those input

Solar
30th May 2010, 08:11
If your going to North west of Ireland you could do worse than give either Cutting Edge Helicopters (Derry) or Unique Helicopters (Enniskillen) a shout.

PENNINE BOY
30th May 2010, 10:38
Try Fly Blackpool !

Very good rates and very good machines with no restrictions on days away!

Zero G
30th May 2010, 12:35
Would highly recommend Helicentre Liverpool! Great bunch of people, and very helpful!

GOT
30th May 2010, 16:45
Nah, Fast helicopters where very nice to me as a foreign student. Did a type rating in just a few days and they very flexible. I have no other experience of UK schools but they are indeed a good school!

John R81
30th May 2010, 20:04
Meloni

Where in England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland and Ireland will you be visiting? No sense in picking a centre half a day's travel from your location.

John