PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer of hydraulic actuators & pumps.

Graviman
28th May 2010, 11:19
I'm trying to find the manufacturer(s) of hydraulic actuators and pumps. This is ideally for sizes suitable to an R44 size machine, but any information well received. This is not for replacement parts.

Thanks.

riff_raff
29th May 2010, 02:33
Graviman,

There are several manufacturers of aircraft hydraulic actuators, depending upon what type you want. Hydraulic actuation systems can have linear or rotary outputs. They can be mechanically or electrically controlled. The hydraulic pressure can be generated by a remote EMAD or AMAD mounted mechanically driven pump, or by an electrically driven pump within a closed loop hydraulic circuit that is part of the actuator. You will also need to specify the operating characteristics, such as duty cycles, frequencies, actuation forces/travel/inertias, fault tolerance, etc.

It will be fairly easy to find an aircraft quality pump. Try Vickers (UK), Parker Hannifin, Bosch Rexroth, or Eaton. Finding an aircraft quality actuator will be more difficult, since these are usually made to order. Try Moog, Hamilton Sunstrand, Eaton, Claverham (UK), or Parker.

Hope that helps.
riff_raff

Chopper Doc
2nd Jun 2010, 10:18
Unless they have approval to be fitted to your helicopter you will invalidate your C of A.

chris_h
3rd Jun 2010, 09:00
On a slightly different tack but still hydraulically inclined:
I'm writing some training material which will eventually use animation.
I'm looking for animation of a dual servo-actuator (Bell 212/412 ideally) that would show the flow of fluid under different control inputs and when a servo valve is stuck.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Senior P - would it be worth starting a new thread? And who are you - I feel we may have met?

Chris H