PDA

View Full Version : JQ Slots?

Velikiye Luki
26th May 2010, 22:48
Hi there,

Does anyone know if JQ has released their slots for the next financial year yet? I was wondering if they are preparing to do some recruitment?

Cheers

novice110
27th May 2010, 01:02
Heard from a mechanic they've parked 4 planes. Asking for LWOP from techies.

They've interviewed quite a few recently though, I dont know why, maybe for a hold file.? So maybe not all bad news...

Silverado
27th May 2010, 02:07
They gave guys training start dates, only to cancel 1 week before, As they had yet to send the contracts.

Velikiye Luki
27th May 2010, 06:43
Does anybody actually working for JQ know when there are releasing the training slots (for current pilots) for the coming financial year?

metrosmoker
27th May 2010, 14:37
It doesn`t work like that. They don`t release the slots for the year ahead in one go. They release the slots as they come up. 'We need 20 pilots next week, we go and hire 20 pilots for next week. The week after we will worry about next week'. That seems to be the mindset.
In saying that, I believe a heap of slots will be advertised on the A330 in the next 2 weeks.
Don`t ask me when, where or how much, cause I got no idea. Nor do I know what the breakdown is.
I`m in the 600`s on seniority, and the most junior 330 F/O is in the 400`s. You do the maths.

To answer the question below, yes.

Velikiye Luki
28th May 2010, 00:07
Seems promising???

I hope that means A320 drivers will get a A330 gig, and this will open the door for recruitment???

Are many A320 drivers keen to get on the A330? Is the pay much better?

metrosmoker
28th May 2010, 05:55
Yes and no. It will be open to Qantas pilots under the MOU. So it is conceivable that all slots are taken by Qantas pilots.

The likely hood of this and the pro`s and cons are not a point that needs to be discussed here. I am simply stating it is possible.

Velikiye Luki
15th Jun 2010, 06:54
With this talk about cadetships .....

Have any training vacancies been announced internally yet? Hopefully that will mean some non-cadet pilots who are in the industry may get an interview soon...

Mr. Hat
15th Jun 2010, 08:13
Isn't it just cadets from here in? EK are hiring.

Velikiye Luki
15th Jun 2010, 09:20
????

Where does it say they are only hiring cadets from now on???

Long John Silver
15th Jun 2010, 09:28
Well a whole group of Direct Entry candidates were brushed under the carpet in favour of cadets with deeper pockets...

Mr. Hat
15th Jun 2010, 10:39
Where does it say they are only hiring cadets from now on???

Well a whole group of Direct Entry candidates were brushed under the carpet in favour of cadets with deeper pockets...

Right there. I suppose they will still take some but much like QF a significant percentage will be cadets. Its business - it makes money they're into making money and turning a profit.

Velikiye Luki
16th Jun 2010, 01:32

Are you talking about the last group who had start dates and then they were cancelled?

Isn't it just cadets from here in?

Won't it be at least 18mths before the first cadets start to actually filter into the company.

I'll restate my question, DOES ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY WORKS FOR JQ KNOW IF THEY HAVE INTERNALLY ADVERTISED PROMOTIONS FOR THE NEXT FINANCIAL YEAR????

Lookleft
16th Jun 2010, 03:39
VL-metrosmoker answered your question. JQ don't plane or train to a FY plan. Commercial dictate when and where things are done,recruitment just respond.

FB777
16th Jun 2010, 04:05
Just heard from a mate he's just been accepted and on the hold file this week..
He's been told of approximate start date of 1st quarter 2011..
Hope that helps..

Artificial Horizon
16th Jun 2010, 04:30
I wouldn't read anything into the fact the last induction was cancelled, when I joined my induction date was changed three times in the space of a month. It would seem the left hand doesn't talk to the other and by the time it is realised they don't actually have any training capacity the ground school is often underway or very close to it. I have also heard that the last course was also put off due to a 'few' last minute pull outs due to 'better' offers elsewhere. I have heard from the horses mouth that the predicted 70 cadets per year will no where near fill the recruitment requirements across the business. Half of the first 70 won't even appear online for around 18 - 24 months. The plan to train 140 new FO's in this financial year has not changed. Trust me when I say it will just be an organisational issue. Direct Entry is not finished, cadets can't possibly supply the entire new recruitment pool, and besides the chief pilot has already stated that having all new pilots coming via the cadet scheme is not practical as for an airline to functions you can't have ALL your pilots sitting on the same experience and hours with a massive gap between FO experience and upgrade requirements.

SnotNoseJockey
16th Jun 2010, 05:15
FB777

when did your mate have his interview?

Mr. Hat
16th Jun 2010, 08:16
approximate start date of 1st quarter 2011..

yep keeping pumping the cv as that my friend isn't worth anything.

Long John Silver
16th Jun 2010, 09:53
Wise word Mr Hat. A lesson learned from experience...

Mr. Hat
16th Jun 2010, 12:02
its the pilot's story isn't it!

in aviation things change so bloody quickly its amazing. One minute they're looking at firing people then within a month they need 8 million pilots within 15 minutes. Just the way the industry is.

The other pearl i have is take what ever major you can get. Don't get choosey. And finally treat every interview as your one and only shot (from a prep perspective). Don't get casual - this is serious.

JQ will take more ga pilots soon - those on hold are just on hold for now. Cadets will make up part of their workforce just like they do at qf. Sooner people get used to it the better!

Good luck to them (company+staff).

Velikiye Luki
30th Jul 2010, 01:58
Hi again all,

Have there been any announcements of commands for current F/O's recently for Australian slots???

Cheers!