PDA

View Full Version : CAA Class 1 medical valid in other JAR countries?

jlms
11th Dec 2000, 22:27
Hi.

Was just wandering whether one can apply and pass a UK Class 1 medical and then train and obtain licenses in another JAR country (ie Spain or France).

Thank you.

jlms

patlolo
11th Dec 2000, 23:39
hi !

first of all , you must know that the class 1 medicals in UK are JAR medicals and not CAA class 1 anymore .( in fact you can get a CAA class one if you re controller , but uou have to have a JAR class 1 to fly these days .)
So, A JAR class 1 is valid in any JAA country , even better , you can renew it anywhere inside the JAA , which means that you can renew a ( UK ) JAR class one in France or spain . great isnt' it ?

Where are you from in spain ?

Well , being french , I can give you an advice : forget france for your training, as it is very expensive and difficult to get a job there . personnaly , I went for a training in uk , but i am still unemployed ...

anyway , I wish you good luck for the future .

Bomber Harris
12th Dec 2000, 03:25
However........I was told over the phone by a JAA medical rep that officially an initial medical must be issued in the same country as the first application for the license. He went on to say that he would look on it on a case by case mbasis and would accept my other JAA medical on the basis of an shortened medical in his country. I forgot to ask was this written down anywhere...sorry. So in short, it is up to the local medical rep if he wants to or not (from my experience).

jlms
12th Dec 2000, 16:06
Hi Patlolo.

I'm in Barcelona SPAIN and really do not care were I do my training as long as I get to fly some day!!! Of course I would thouroughly compare schools and prices.

Thank you for your info guys.

jlms