PDA

View Full Version : Korea is shaping up to be a big mess...

Spadhampton
24th May 2010, 22:26
More than likely on a world wide scale including China. Are you boys and girls ready?

Tighten your seat belt, this is going to be an E-ticket ride and there don’t appear to be any way out of it.

On_The_Top_Bunk
24th May 2010, 22:43
What a pathetic opening statement....

Load Toad
24th May 2010, 22:49
Melodramatic nonsense of the day award goes to Spadhampton. Congratulations, feel free to have a hissy fit.

glad rag
24th May 2010, 23:00
>where's the popcorn smilie?<

bubblesuk
24th May 2010, 23:20
Here it be. http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/smileyvault-popcorn.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Agaricus bisporus
24th May 2010, 23:22
What is melodramatic or nonsense about that?

Wake up and smell the coffee people.

N Korea is, along with a number of other newly nuclear and potentially fanatically irresponsible states (no "potentially" fanatical with N Korea - those whacky freaks are all too real) represent the worst threat to Global security there has ever been. A threat that is potentially far more dangerous than the simple old US/USSR thing was.

Why is anyone questioning this blindingly obvious fact?

bubblesuk
24th May 2010, 23:24
Come to think of it you could be right, they did torpedo a south Korean ship afterall.

muduckace
24th May 2010, 23:31
Just as much drama in the OT as N Korea's response to statments that implicate factual proof of a torpedo strike by them on said ship.

Kim Jong Il seems to be testing the political reprecussions of his actions much like a kid trying to se if he can get away with snatching a cookie out of the jar. Surely for personal gratification as focus is on the global econemy and bleeding of funds into Iraq/Afganistan operations at this time.

500N
25th May 2010, 01:50
I hope I am not out of line, have been reading PPRUNE for quite a while but never posted, however I would like to post an article which is relevant to this thread. I thought it was well written.

North Korea kills to scare and keep the money coming

North Korea has presented the world with a serious strategic dilemma that is quickly becoming a first-class crisis. With the unprovoked torpedoing of a South Korean navy corvette, the Cheonan, and the deaths of 46 crew, the North has committed an act of war.
Pyongyang denies responsibility, as it has denied every one of its many acts of terrorism and sabotage of the past half-century. But the international investigation, by 25 South Koreans and an international team of 24 Australian, British, American and Swedish naval experts, found remains of a North Korean torpedo at the site and last week delivered a finding of ''guilty''.
It is the deadliest attack by North Korea since two of its spies put a bomb on board KAL 858 in 1987, killing the 115 civilians aboard.
The international community is now moving to respond. US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has called for ''consequences'' for the North. This week she is in China pressing its leadership to support action by the UN Security Council. The acquiescence of Beijing is central - not only is it North Korea's chief ally and protector, it's also one of the five veto-wielding members of the Security Council.
But what to do? North Korea is threatening war: ''We will take strong measures including full-scale war if sanctions against North Korea are imposed,'' it declared last week.
To judge a response, we need to know North Korea's motive. To a rational outsider, any one of North Korea's outrages seems senseless. But its ''puzzling behaviour'' can be rationally explained: ''In each case, Pyongyang sought to disrupt a status quo deemed highly unfavourable with the purpose of renegotiating a new status quo to its advantage,'' a US expert, Victor Cha, wrote in Nuclear North Korea.
And guess what? Kim Jong-il's regime said last week it was trying to implement what it calls the "grand bargain" - a mooted deal in which the international community gives North Korea some $US40 billion in aid on the condition it dismantles its nuclear weapons.
We know from Kim's own mouth that this is the way he sees his regime's military capability. In 2000 a visiting South Korean newspaper publisher, Choe Hak-rae, asked Kim why his government was spending its scarce resources on ballistic missiles instead of education or other social programs for its citizens.
''The missiles cannot reach the US,'' Choe later recounted Kim replying. ''And if I launch them, the US would fire back thousands of missiles and we would not survive . . . But I have to let them know I have missiles. I am making them because only then will the United States talk to me.''
So Kim thinks of his military capability as an attention-getting device and he has a history of using provocation as a tool of negotiation.
But some senior Western officials believe there is another layer. They suspect this might be a rerun of a made-in-Pyongyang movie we saw once before, the attack on KAL 858.
Then, Kim Jong-il was positioning to take the leadership from his father, Kim Il-sung. The succession, the first dynastic transfer of power in any communist regime, was not assured and he had competitors.
When the two North Korean agents who planted the bomb were later arrested in Bahrain, both tried to take cyanide pills. One succeeded and the other was kept alive. She later recounted the order to bomb the civilian flight was personally signed by Kim Jong-il.
There appear to be two motives for that decision. First, it was designed to detract from an approaching moment of South Korean glory, the Seoul Olympics, an honour an envious and spiteful North Korean communist regime can never aspire to.
Second, Kim Jong-il used the bombing to demonstrate his toughness and ability to lead. It was his job application for the presidency, it seems.
Today Kim, who last year suffered some serious illness, appears to be grooming one of his sons, his youngest, Kim Jong-un, 28, to succeed him as leader. As with most North Korean affairs, we can't be certain, but South Korean outlets reported his birthday this year was celebrated as an informal national holiday, a tell-tale sign he is the anointed. There is once again a succession under way, apparently.
And, once again, there is an approaching moment of South Korean glory, when Seoul hosts a summit of the Group of 20 in November, another international honour Pyongyang's regime can never hope to equal.
This thesis may be wrong, but the parallels do seem to be more than coincidence. In which case, North Korea is not serious with its threat of war. But there is a big difference: North Korea now has a nuclear bomb. It may think itself untouchable, and may be more inclined to bellicosity.
Yet the international community's reaction is likely to be exactly as it was in 1987 - the US designated North Korea a state sponsor of terrorism, only revoked by the Bush administration in 2008 to keep nuclear negotiations with Pyongyang alive.
This allows the international banking flows of foreign exchange, that keep Kim and his entourage in comfort, to be cut. But the uncertainties mean the world's response will be very cautious. North Korea will retain the ability to attack at will. And a member of the Kim dynasty will likely remain on North Korea's throne.
Peter Hartcher is the international editor.
North Korea Attacked South Korean Ship (http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/north-korea-kills-to-scare-and-keep-the-money-coming-20100524-w7vz.html?autostart=1)

jonwilly
25th May 2010, 02:19
Why oh Why should UK be concerned about what happens on the other side of the world.
The days of Empire are long gone, the US did so much to help on that exercise.

Anyway Brown Broke Britain, there is no money for overseas adventures a la Tone ( five commitments from Dear Tone), who said as a young politician

"Mine is the first generation able to contemplate the possibility that we may live our entire lives without going to war or sending our children to war."

Let them get on with it China will see to fair play.

john

Load Toad
25th May 2010, 03:02
North and South Korea are still at war.
Last year the South had a sea battle with the North which resulted in some North ships getting mauled.
This was retaliation.
Needed more for proving to the North civilians and military that N.Korea is strong. This at a time when the North's economy is pants, the currency revaluation they did was a total screw up and wiped out many of the populations savings. There is increased dissatisfaction amongst the Norths population. Who will succeed the current leadership is open to debate. Short Arse is not getting younger and has been ill.
The sinking of the South's ship was reprehensible but a typically over the top response by the North which acts like a spoiled child all the time. Because it can.
The South response is measured - economic actions some of which were happening anyway and the joint industrial park they have with the North isn't effected.
The US needs China to support it in other world affairs and will push China only to have private words with the North. The Chinese don't want any fall out with the North but will pick up any economic opportunities the South gives up.

After a while it'll settle down again as we wait for the North to slowly implode over many years.

Just keep it pretty much isolated, allow it to fall further behind the rest of the world.

There isn't much point going to war over a country that hasn't got anything of value to have or control.

And as for prepared - the S.Koreans exercise with the US who have a fair few troops in the South and Japan supports the US where guess what - the US has a massive base and carrier groups.

West Coast
25th May 2010, 04:20
While generally I like a forward leaning response, I think the newly announced naval exercises are the wrong way to go about it.

tonker
25th May 2010, 08:56
Well we cannot send in Hanz Bwix.

He was eaten by a large goldfish the last time he tried anything!

I'm so wonely

TEEEJ
25th May 2010, 09:03
Jonwilly wrote

Why oh Why should UK be concerned about what happens on the other side of the world.

If full scale war developed it would result in a UN action. Such a conflict would be catastrophic and result in an all out military effort to finally get rid of the regime in North Korea and establish it under full UN control. So yes, I can see UK military assets becoming involved in that UN action. A huge UN force would be required to provide support and security to the region.

UK military assets were involved with North Korean actions during 2006 and 2009.

Britain sends aircraft for N.Korea blast probe | Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE54T0YM20090530)

TJ

cornish-stormrider
25th May 2010, 09:54
soo wonely, I'm so wonely.....

can we not put a sub out there and send him a pressie - Tomahawk shape?

Give Short-Arse a slap and tell him he has to play nice if he wants to be allowed to play.

Spadhampton
25th May 2010, 10:50
If it means war then war it is. If nations cannot defend themselves then they are not sovereign nations. The murdering actions of North Korea are outrageous and unacceptable by any standard. The South Korean people are proud, industrious, and, civilized well beyond their northern antagonists. They deserve our full political and military support.

I am disgusted beyond words at the horrendous actions of North Korea, a failed, and, laughably worthless state that simply should not be allowed to exist any further. The world cannot cower any longer from the nitwit dictator running North Korea. To expect patience and tolerance from the South Korean people at this juncture would be absolutely inhumane!

Load Toad
25th May 2010, 10:59
How many civilians in the South (and North for that matter) should die so you can prove your point to the Short Arse and his Military Nut Job Mates?

BEagle
25th May 2010, 11:01
I am disgusted beyond words at the horrendous actions of North Korea, a failed, and, laughably worthless state that simply should not be allowed to exist any further. The world cannot cower any longer from the nitwit dictator running North Korea.

Delete: North Korea
Insert: Zimbabwe

..and we've done not a lot about that over the past few years...:mad:

WannabeCrewman
25th May 2010, 13:12
I just dont think it has got to the stage where S. Korea would risk the North shelling seven shades of sh*t out of Seoul after being given a bit of a slap in retaliation for the Cheonan incident. They've got upwards of 13,000 tubes aimed at the capital, as well as the millions of S. Koreans living along the border.

Dont forget, everyone has been harping on about the North developing the bomb, but more worrying I think is the prospect of shells being slung over the border, loaded with chemical/biological warheads - with someone as batsh*t crazy as Kim-Jong, it wouldnt suprise me if this happened, especially if he did infact order the Cheonan to be sunk to keep the military on side. As a result, I suspect some of the rules would be thrown out of the window to stop the use of non-conventional arms.

North Korea will get sanctioned, they will give it lots of large talk and say "Oh, we'll do this, and that" but nothing will actually come of it. If it does get nasty, my prediction is that the South will do some pre-emptive action to get rid of the artillery threat against Seoul, and work from there.

Biggles78
25th May 2010, 13:17
Don't forget that North and South Korea are still technically in (at?) a state of war.

Load Toad
25th May 2010, 13:25
But they both like kimchi and soju.

Bladdered
25th May 2010, 14:23
Well congratulations Spedhampton, you really have got the old fellas going:D

Fox3WheresMyBanana
25th May 2010, 17:25
According to the official North Korean news agency, as of 2 days ago, they consider South Korea's actions so far to be an "undisguised declaration of war". Which is quite serious in my book. It all really depends on what the Chinese do. I suspect this will involve either a watered down condemnation at the UN which China abstains from, or Sanctions which China vetoes. Even then, it depends on what China tells the US it will actually do. A Chinese on North Korea 'back-of-the-bike-sheds kicking' will be acceptable to US/S Korea, in which case we'll hear no more about it.
At times like this I always think back to August 1990, when a gash shag wandered into the bar and said "Iraq has invaded Kuwait", and the QWIP said "so what?":confused:. 48 hours later QWIP was at 20,000' patrolling the Kuwaiti border:ooh:.

Double Zero
25th May 2010, 17:39
Despite one's knee jerk reaction to such a dreadful act, I've been quite surprised and impressed by the generally measured replies here; ' keep em bottled up & let them implode ' seems favourite, if still distictly dodgy when dealing with a pressure-cooker situation, nukes and a baddie nut who would have been rejected by the James Bond makers as too OTT !

Mind, I don't think I'd fancy paying life insurance on a certain submarine and skipper / crew ( hopefully the skipper as the rest are probably just poor sods ) - if anything were to 'happen' I doubt we'd ever hear about it.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
25th May 2010, 18:08
Exactly Double Zero (that a Dick Dastardly reference?), we'll probably hear very little.
First question has to be the one Obama asks - where are the carriers? anyone have a link/info on this? And what's the status of the US forces in Korea/Japan?

Low Flier
25th May 2010, 18:51
The maritime boundary dispute isn't going to be solved by military force.

The fundamental problem is the unreasonable imposition of the highly unreasonable Northern Limit Line by the UN in 1953. No maritime nation on Earth would accept such a thing.

A reasonable resolution to the problem would be for both sides to accept the normal international agreement of equidistant sovereignty out to a distance of 200 miles.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/The_Forester/KoreanEquidistantLine.jpg

The Northern Limit Line, shown in green in this sketch, was imposed upon North Korea to humiliate her and to militarily threten her vital seaport of Haeju It was never agreed in the Armistice Agreement. It was like a human sitting in a dog's basket to teach it who's master. That **** only works with nice dogs, not mad dogs. It is utterly pointless to provoke a nasty regime like Pyongyang with something so egregiously unacceptable.

A much more reasonable approach would be to negotiate an equidistant line, shown in amber in this sketch. That could then form the basis for North Korea to live in peace and to fish their own immensely valuable fishing grounds without perceiving an aggressive threat from foreign warships encroaching on the own doorstep.

Threatening to re-fight the old Korean War all over again is deeply stupid. It is a war which neither side can win.

baffy boy
25th May 2010, 21:39
Well at least if our navy gets involved and WW III breaks out we've got some of the best long range maritime patrol anti submarine warfare aircraft in the world to sniff out those nasty submarines and find enemy ships and protect our brave matelots.......................what? we haven't??????????????? somebody call Elvington quick it might not be too late, must be the odd stingray lying around here somewhere..............

Spadhampton
25th May 2010, 21:54
...that OUR military people or South Korea's Military, or, your military people, or any PEOPLE for that matter, are simple fodder targets for any murderous Jackass out there. Unfortunately sometimes you must DEFEND YOURSELF AND YOUR PEOPLE!

To hell with their "guns", THAT NORTH KOREAN SOB MUST DIE AND HIS LEGACY WIPED FROM THE EARTH!

Load Toad
25th May 2010, 22:14
OK - you pop over to 'Korea' - get a gun - you can take a tour of the DMZ, grab a gun and go running over to the N.Korea guards.
We're right behind you.

glad rag
25th May 2010, 22:15
Sorry to upset your party, but the losses that SK have had over the year pales into insignificance against the total destruction of Seoul by the conventional entrenched artillery that NK has aligned against it.

Stalemate.

Squirrel 41
25th May 2010, 22:38
And though the sinking of the Cheonan - and may the 46 sailors RIP - was unusually violent, the provocations and tit-for-tat always look bigger at the time than in retrospect.

CSIS in DC has a useful list: http://csis.org/files/publication/100525_North_Koreas_Provocations.pdf - this is no worse than the shootdown of the EC-121 or the capture of the USS Pueblo. I can't see a punchup unless there's a serious miscalculation by the DPRK - which China will want to ensure won't happen.

And as for Spadhampton's helpful observation:

To hell with their "guns", THAT NORTH KOREAN SOB MUST DIE AND HIS LEGACY WIPED FROM THE EARTH!

I trust that you'll be saying this outside the Blue House (Presidential Palace) in Seoul under the sights of said guns sometime imminently?:hmm: Hmm, thought not! :ugh:

S41

West Coast
25th May 2010, 22:38
This could be a logistical warm up for the next Malvinas go around.

Spadhampton
26th May 2010, 01:18
Especially with new deep penetrating weapons. There is no "stalemate" except for China and I say SCREW CHINA TOO if they won't get out of the way. China is an assessory to MURDER! There is nothing holding us back but FEAR and these Jerks capitalize upon FEAR! What are we willing to fight and die for?
Nothing according to some of you.

dat581
26th May 2010, 02:35
Are you willing to sacrifice the population of Seoul so you can wipe North Korea from the face of the earth? I doubt the US, UK, Korea, Australia, etc, etc have enough fighters, cruise missles and other weapons to destroy all the artillery pieces the North has aimed at Seoul with chemical warheads. Stalemate is it....:(

SomeGuyOnTheDeck
26th May 2010, 02:59
Why is anyone bothering to argue with a troll?

What are we willing to fight and die for?
Just who is this 'we' anyway?

vecvechookattack
26th May 2010, 07:17
What are we willing to fight and die for?

Just who is this 'we' anyway

I assume that "we" is the British Armed Forces - but may be wrong. However, the British Armed forces are willing to die so that spadhampton can come on here and discuss this. We are willing to die for our friends and family. We join up knowing full well that we willingly put ourselves in harms way and may suffer the consequences of that.

PPRuNeUser0139
26th May 2010, 07:40
Especially with new deep penetrating weapons. There is no "stalemate" except for China and I say SCREW CHINA TOO if they won't get out of the way. China is an assessory to MURDER! There is nothing holding us back but FEAR and these Jerks capitalize upon FEAR! What are we willing to fight and die for?
Nothing according to some of you.
So when do the school holidays finish..?
SV

dakkg651
26th May 2010, 08:50
I think spadhampton must have been overcharged for a chow mein somewhere along the line.

Or it could be he is a troll.

Whatever. I find his rhetoric quite amusing.

Andu
26th May 2010, 10:09
The North Koreans are relying on everyone in the West seeing how incredibly stupid it would be to go to war over "only" 46 deaths. Sadly, if the rhetoric does crank up a notch or two, "only" 46 deaths are going to seem to be - be - very small chese indeed.

Even more sadly, unless KJI dies of food poisoning, (hopefully very, very soon), and the West (and South Korea) takes the "sensible" course and does whatever it takes to avoid war, the ratchet effect will also click one more notch in KJI's favour.

I fear the extremely unpalatable price will have to be paid one day (by North Koreans and non-North Koreans alike) to sort this mess out. What I don't know is whether that price will be any higher if the day it's paid is delayed.

If there's anyone out there who wants war, he should be in the looney bin. However, at some stage, the West will have to accept it simply can't step back any further. (We've stepped back so many times to North Korean threats that we already look like Spanish policemen in their funny turned-up-at-the-back hats.)

I just wish there was someone out there among our leaders with the wisdom of Solomon, who could make both sides see the stupidity of the constant dick measuring that constitutes international relations today. Sadly, I don't see any such person among the current crop of Western leaders. Far from it in most cases.

As for the UN... God help us if we have to turn there to sort this out.

racedo
26th May 2010, 10:24
Tis a strange time when world economy seems to be imploding and many countries are ratcheting up potential conflicts.

There are no doubt one or two budding dictators or dictators disguised as democrats (errrr its a small d) who may try and take advantage of this given the instability in leadership within the western world.

We are living in interesting time and better start looking for the dogs that are not barking.

Flyt3est
26th May 2010, 12:07
Spadhampton

You do sound a little like a TV character from many moons ago.. Kenny Everett's General Cheeseburger..

"Anyone who doesn't eat apple pie on sundays.. round 'em up, put 'em in a field and bomb the bastards!!"

:ok:

Spadhampton
26th May 2010, 16:08
North Korea has murdered so many, continues to murder, (not to mention it's own people), threatens everything under the sun, respects nothing or no one, freely kidnaps and kills with impunity, proliferates nuclear material to terrorists and nobody has the guts to stand up against it.

It is only a matter of time before Seoul gets nuked and what about those lives? Why is it wiser to allow these maniacs to grow stronger and more devious as they threaten ever more and with greater ferocity?

How is cowering better? How long do we cower? Why don’t so many of YOU want to stand up to this constant and ever growing threat against innocent people? Is it because it’s not local to your homes and your lives? You don’t care about the people of South Korea? About Japan? Taiwan? Should the world turn their backs on you when aggression threatens?

We have become pathetic.

Ronald Reagan
26th May 2010, 16:12
Here are some links which just go to show how foul the North korean regime is. I have been following the subject for a number of years and the first link in particular.

Megumi Yokota - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Yokota)
North Korean abductions of Japanese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_abductions_of_Japanese)
North Korean abductions of South Koreans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_abductions_of_South_Koreans)
Korean POWs detained in North Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War_POWs_detained_in_North_Korea)

How on earth did they manage to get kidnapped people from Europe to North Korea!
Most of you are probably aware of the above links but thought I would post them anyhow.

glad rag
26th May 2010, 16:28
It is only a matter of time before Soul gets nuked

If you could remove the anti flash glasses for a moment, read and inwardly digest some of what has been written above, you MAY find some enlightenment that sways your war mongering stance.

FYI I don't believe anyone who has posted so far actually purports to SUPPORT North Korea either.............:*

Less Hair
26th May 2010, 18:37
North Korea is China's business. Let them deal with it.

Pontius Navigator
26th May 2010, 19:30
He also means apathetic.

Thelma Viaduct
26th May 2010, 19:49
Bollocks to them, let them wipe each other out, job jobbed.

dead_pan
26th May 2010, 20:38
The thread on Jet Blast is much more amusing. There's even a piccie of a girl in a bikini (its a long story).

Spadhampton
27th May 2010, 06:02
We have become too fat and lazy to fight. My people are afraid. It is our shame not yours.

If I could leave my wheelchair, I would fight with you my son....like my father did before me.

Fubaar
27th May 2010, 06:26
Be careful what you wish for Spadhampton. It it turns into the shooting war you are so enthusiastic about starting, God only knows where it will lead to. A bit like World War One, I don't think anyone could predict which direction world events might take - except to say it will be totally unpredictable with enormous 'collateral damage' in areas far, far away from Korea.

Squirrel 41
27th May 2010, 07:28
Far from being a troll, Spad is obviously a music critic:

Uh-huh. Acid house is clearly the way forward. All is clear!

S41

dakkg651
27th May 2010, 07:48
"How is cowering better? How long do we cower? Why don’t so many of YOU want to stand up to this constant and ever growing threat against innocent people? Is it because it’s not local to your homes and your lives? You don’t care about the people of South Korea? About Japan? Taiwan? Should the world turn their backs on you when aggression threatens?

We have become pathetic".

It may have escaped your notice but most of our 'pathetic' armed forces are a little busy right now.

How about the people of South Korea, Japan and Taiwan give us a bit of a helping hand in Afghanistan. When we are finished there we can then pop over to Korea and sort that out for you!

Your posts are extremely insulting to the memories of all the US, British and Commonwealth servicemen who died 60 years ago fighting for the bloody place. My late Auntie would have much preferred her husband to have returned in a wheelchair rather than a bodybag.

So please take your warmongering elsewhere.

Load Toad
27th May 2010, 07:58
The gyet is a troll and prolly hasn't even had to fight for a place in a bus que.

WannabeCrewman
27th May 2010, 15:55
Spad, lets be honest, nobody wants to go decommissioning Trident over the North - stating to use buckets of sunshine anywhere these days is a sign that something truly catastrophic is about to go down. Its just not sensible these days.

The big danger here is that the sinking of the Chenoan is a result of the military side of the regime getting pissed off and acting of their own accord, and that old "Herro" didnt actually order the attack himself. They then start doing things how they want them to be done, and thats how wars are started.

Any conflict involving S. Korea will almost certainly involve the US getting dragged in one way or another, thus leading to things being iffy with China. Nobody, in Washington or Beijing wants this. Its just too damned dangerous.

Things in the North are dire enough as they are without them kicking off and getting into a scrap. They are on the verge of a biblically large famine, they have two-fifths of f*ck-all fuel reserves left, they are low on arable land available, and China has told them to do one the last time they asked for an increase in food aid. The World Food Programme estimates that food aid will run out at the end of next month.

They arent in any position to launch a sustainable campaign for the reunification of the Korean peninsular. That doesnt mean they wont - but what it more likely means is that the country will crumble.

The danger is that the military might start doing their own thing (See 2nd paragraph). An unstable country with unstable leadership and a big bloody defence force toe-to-toe with its biggest rivals who are already twitchy enough as it is may turn out to be a recipe for disaster.

I dont think the South will be the ones to initiate any form of action. If its anything, imho, sanctions against the North will force them to take some action against the South.

Going to be an interesting few months.
Matt.

Spadhampton
27th May 2010, 22:00
North Korea WILL attack. It's only a matter of time.

So do we give them the advantage or not? If we give them the advantage more South Koreans will die than if we take the advantage.

It is inhumane to expect people to live under such constant and growing threat. You people that publicly demonstrate for one thing or another comforter need to stand up and demonstrate for the protection of the South Korean People. Life is basic. Way of life, unfortunately, must be defended. These are primary, not abstract.

Squirrel 41
27th May 2010, 23:05
I said earlier:

Far from being a troll, Spad is obviously a music critic:

Uh-huh. Acid house is clearly the way forward. All is clear!

S41

I'm sorry to say I was wrong (wong). After this little tirade, Spad has let the mask slip just a shade too much:

No time to be "careful".....
North Korea WILL attack. It's only a matter of time.

So do we give them the advantage or not? If we give them the advantage more South Koreans will die than if we take the advantage.

It is inhumane to expect people to live under such constant and growing threat. You people that publicly demonstrate for one thing or another comforter need to stand up and demonstrate for the protection of the South Korean People. Life is basic. Way of life, unfortunately, must be defended. These are primary, not abstract.

From this, I understand that Spad is demanding that we attack the DPRK immediately. This is presumably only in the interest of the DPRK and therefore, ladies and gentlemen, as the DPRK is an authoritarian state, I conclude that Spad is in fact the nom-de-Pprune of Kim Jong-Il himself.

Therefore, on behalf of us all, may I be the first to welcome "Dear Leader" to our humble forum......

S41

dakkg651
28th May 2010, 07:55
Great theory Squirrel 41. :D

However, I suggest you have a look at some previous posts by aforementioned Spad.

Seems it isn't just N Korea he wants to wipe off the map, but some parts of Africa apparently deserve the same treatment.

So he could be Robert Mugabe! :eek:

Squirrel 41
28th May 2010, 08:43
dakkg651,

So he could be Robert Mugabe! :eek:

Have you ever seen Kim Jong-Il and Mugabe in the same room? We should be told! :E

S41

Spadhampton
29th May 2010, 20:12
that the average South Korean citizen is not worried about the North attacking because they "have heard all this before" coming from the north.

Well then....Never Mind.

;-)

Load Toad
29th May 2010, 23:55
South Korean citizens have lived with the North threatening to invade and to destroy Seoul every year for the past 50 odd. It's what the North does.
In return the South looks at the North as a weak and sickly brother that can not help what it does because it knows no better and deserves pity.
I'm sure you are familiar (? I doubt it) with the statue at the war museum in Seoul which illustrates this mind set?

onetrack
30th May 2010, 01:14
I reckon Spad is just itching to line one of these up on Pyongyang, and press the button... :ok:

Just remember, though, Spad... the NK's have got them, too... :(

YouTube - The Atomic Cannon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-v92nxahDQ)

Double Zero
30th May 2010, 07:24
I should think the gun crew had ALL been caught with the C/O's daughter to get that job !

Anyone fancy subjecting a nuke to those firing G loads ?

Much more effective just to fire Spad' !

sunbird123
30th May 2010, 16:59
Nothing will happen. The US and South Korea will go to UN, try to convince the world that the north sank the souths ship. But the USA has a problem,the world remembers the lies they told aboutI RAQ which led to war.
China will use the Veto. So stalemate.

Agaricus bisporus
30th May 2010, 20:53
Lies. sunbird? You are a card!

This would be like me going to war with you on account that you are a man (as had been perfectly apparent and in numerous ways for years before) and on the eve of my assault you'd inexplicably castrated yourself, and subsequently squealed "cheat" because I hadn't anticipated you'd have done such a bizarre, unpredictable and unprecedented thing?

You dupe. How can people be drawn to believe such blatant propaganda?

God spare us from such irrational cant.

You truly are a blinkered delusional fool. Or a Saddam supporter...

Double Zero
30th May 2010, 21:16
I don't know about you lot, but I could do with a Universal Translator...

Fubaar
30th May 2010, 22:37
Ag Bi... could you run that by us gain?

In English?

Load Toad
30th May 2010, 22:54
..that makes any sense at all.

Spadhampton
1st Jun 2010, 00:17
Oh yeah, that's what we want, another flipping protracted war.

Spadhampton
1st Jun 2010, 00:23
on the eve of my assault you'd inexplicably castrated yourself

You go girl.

I think.

TEEEJ
1st Jun 2010, 16:57
'Planeman' has compiled a Bluffer's Guide on North Korea using open source intelligence.

Bluffer's Guide: North Korea strikes! (2009) (http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?162240-Bluffer-s-Guide-North-Korea-strikes!-(2009))

Other 'Planeman' guides on North Korea can be found on the following search.

PLANEMAN NORTH KOREA - Google Search (http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=PLANEMAN+NORTH+KOREA)

North Korea Imagery Intelligence & Analysis at the following.

IMINT & ANALYSIS NORTH KOREA - Google Search (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=IMINT+%26+ANALYSIS+NORTH+KOREA&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=)

TJ

TEEEJ
3rd Jun 2010, 13:49
Video of recent BBC visit to North Korea

'Life inside the North Korean bubble'

BBC News - Newsnight - Life inside the North Korean bubble (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8701959.stm)

TJ

glad rag
3rd Jun 2010, 17:06
Completely brainwashed population.

Thelma Viaduct
3rd Jun 2010, 19:48
Completely brainwashed population.

No different to here then.