PDA

View Full Version : Modular or Integrated 2010

Jugs08
24th May 2010, 18:47
I know there has been endless debate about the whole modular vs integrated route; and flight schools sell the integrated by saying airlines prefere this. However, Once completing the integrated course; will you be applying for jobs just like anyone that has taken the modular route.

I'm currently taking my PPL at Denham (the Pilot Centre) and am going to complete the rest of my training at bournemouth Commercial Flight Traning, Oxford or Flying Time or combination (shoreham) .

Will I be less appealing to an airline or perspective employer (Instructor, Pipeline)?

If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

Halfwayback
24th May 2010, 18:55
Another attempt to keep all the relevant threads together for easier reference!

HWB

OutsideCAS
24th May 2010, 18:55
.....hmmmm......after completeing an integrated course......well, just join the queue of guys/gals like everyne else i'm afraid ! doing either (integrated/modular) will make no difference IMHO at this moment in time - although i'm sure with a bit of marketing spin, some schools could certainly try and persuade differently !

:D

Aerospace101
24th May 2010, 18:56
Airlines want pilots with an ATPL or fATPL.

The terms "Integrated" or "Modular" are not a factor. ATPL is an ATPL, even if you went to NASA to get one!

Simples :}

Jugs08
24th May 2010, 19:01
I'm currently doing my PPL on a C152 and would it be better for me to hour Build on a PA28 or C152, like do the airlines prefare high or low wing training for hour building.

And are there many jobs doing the Pipelines, Skydiving ect out there?

thanks!

Jugs08
24th May 2010, 19:03
Yeah I personally agree with you that the qualification is the same. Its just got to be possibly one of the hardest careers to get started in with respect to financial outlay vs job prospects)

mad_jock
24th May 2010, 20:03
It doesn't matter what flavour of single engine piston you hour build on. They are all deemed to be as crap as each other in the grand scale of things.

GearDownFlaps
24th May 2010, 20:53
I think Jugs might just be talking the michael here but if not ,
pipelines are normallly done by helis .
There are as many int as mod out of work the only people recruitng are a little known irish airline and they recruit without prejudice on the mod/int front .
DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE

flyboy1818
24th May 2010, 20:55
They don't seem to care where you do your hour building or your training as long as its JAR. Probably best to do the CPL and the IR in the same place and in the UK as America is no cheaper these days.

I did 50 hours UK hour building in a mixture of aircraft followed by 50 hours in the US in a 152. Just as I got bored of UK VFR I went off to the states and experienced something totally new. The experience was epic and its something I will probably do again for fun (coast to coast touring etc).

Going modular has saved me over 50K and I have earnt a decent sum of money by keeping my job. I have minimal debts as a result of flight training. I have friends who graduated university in the same year as me and went integrated, we all started flight training around the same time. They finished training between 9 and 12 months ahead of me. They have been looking for jobs in the same way as any other flight school graduate and this includes CTC cadets.

They will be repaying debts until they hit their mid thirties, I will probably have shot of mine in less than two years. Stuff integrated and being in debt for years, I know its nice to have a brand name on your CV, but really whats the point when it puts your finances and personal life at such a disadvantage for the next decade.

Whirlygig
24th May 2010, 22:58
I think Jugs might just be talking the michael here but if not ,
pipelines are normallly done by helis .Unless there are airyplanes that can fly at 50 feet and 50 knots, then yes, pipeline/powerline surveys are carried out with helicopters.

Cheers

Whirls

Jugs08
26th May 2010, 23:02
Yeah that sounds like a good plan...is there anyway other than send your CV to Airlines emails from their websites to gain a Job does everyone do this?? and do you think you could do a Degree whilst training towards your fATPL?

GearDownFlaps
27th May 2010, 21:26
Yep that seals it , TROLL !!!:ugh:

ford cortina
28th May 2010, 08:06
Stand at the entrance of the Airport, wearing a A board with the words 'Pilot wants a job' , that should help.:ok: