PDA

View Full Version : 737 wheel well / flight control details

flybubba
24th May 2010, 12:01
OK, trying to get better understanding of 737NG flight control systems, ie manual reversion, etc. In particular, I'm looking at stuff in the wheel well, such as the aileron linkages. I'm trying to get a better understanding of how this all works in regards to manual reversion, "the christmas tree", etc.
If anyone has a good link or explanation, it would be appreciated.
I have looked at that one site (737 uk) which has some details, but not quite enough in regards to my questions.

john_tullamarine
24th May 2010, 12:28
You probably need to sit down with the maintenance manual and work through the details. Normal pilot engineering stuff is way too simplified for most details of most systems. Suggest you buy your local engineering/maintenance manager a beer and put it to him/her that you get access to the books (more likely an interactive computer application these days.

flybubba
24th May 2010, 13:25
John,
Along those lines, I was going to just ask one of our maintenance techs during a walk around, or when they are doing a routine check.
Flybubba

captjns
25th May 2010, 00:47
See if you can gain access to one of your mx hangars. Visit an aircraft undergoing either a B or C check and grab an engineer. Some enjoy explaining how various components work. And they can point out key items while the jet is torn apart.