PDA

View Full Version : PAS Changes - Question?

Fintastic
22nd May 2010, 20:19
I took PA a little while ago, with the intent of remaining flying as a Flt Lt until 55. Then looked with horror at the latest AFPRB report and the new cap on the PA pay ladder. Bugger. PSF have been little help (no change there then!) and as far as they are concerned it's hard luck. :ugh:

I am of the opinion that, as no such cap existed when I took PA, this represents a fundamental change to my terms and conditions and also to my projected pay and pension for the future.

So, apart from the 'dry your eyes princess' comments that will ensue, does anyone have any idea on the legalities of my position, or advice on how best to proceed?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

Thanks.

JASO
22nd May 2010, 21:15
Did you move to the PA spine before 1 Apr 2010? I believe those already on the spine may have reserved rights.

vecvechookattack
22nd May 2010, 21:23
Did you sign your Terms and Conditions when you took the PA offer? If you have a copy of the signed T&C's with the signature of your 1RO on your T&C's then you should be OK.

Sloppy Link
23rd May 2010, 01:34
You may wish to speak to the Army, we have individuals who are PAS, hold acting rank of Major and are above level 30. Do they revert to level 30? I don't think so! It is our underrstanding (AAC) that the level 30 gag only applies to those joining the scheme after 1 Apr 10 but we have yet to see it in writing.

chinook240
23rd May 2010, 06:49
Speak to your desk officer, a number of flt lts in my office have it in writing (email) that they have preserved rights as they transferred to PA before the change.

Stanley Eevil
23rd May 2010, 08:35
Relax princess, you have reserved rights to level 35.

zedder
23rd May 2010, 14:02
On the flip side of the coin, if before 1 Apr 10 you had reached a PA Level Bar, but with the latest changes now find you have more Levels open to you, then you should have advanced to the next Level on 1 Apr 10. It has taken a number of people to put in ISupport requests through JPA to get this sorted.

As I am a cynic, I don't imagine they will be falling over themselves to amend this error for all personnel that would benefit. If you think it should apply to you get that ISupport request in.

Specaircrew
23rd May 2010, 20:01
In my case I'm just about to retire at 55 after 37 years service but I'm only level 30 because PAS wasn't invented until I'd been specaircrew for 5 years! Going off topic a bit, have any PA Flt Lts here had any luck reclaiming underpaid LOA because they were not paid the Sqn Ldr rate that we were entitled to under the specaircrew system and are supposedly still entitled to on PAS?

Fintastic
24th May 2010, 20:10
I was also entitled to LOA whilst on PA, but was told that the Spec Aircrew rate didn't apply as I was not Spec Aircrew before taking PA. I'd be very interested in any details (JSP etc) you have to support this. Thanks for all of the advce so far, just trying to get things in writing ASAP.

Specaircrew
25th May 2010, 11:09
No JSP details I'm afraid but had it on good authority from a fellow 'old git' that those of us who were Spec Aircrew before we transferred to PA were still entitled to get the Sqn Ldr rate for LOA. I tasked my Sqn adminers to sort it out for me weeks ago......... it hasn't been resolved yet :-(

vascodegama
25th May 2010, 23:41
Fin

The only place I have found as a reference is the LOA section on JPA (in the library link). The notes for Sqn Ldr LOA say it should be paid to certain other categories including PA Spine who transfered from SA. I also remember the point being emphasized when we were offered the transfer.

Specaircrew

The blunt empire at BZN are working on it. I will check progress next week.

Specaircrew
26th May 2010, 07:23
Thanks vasco, I've been trying to chivvy them up as I receive my last pay packet next week and will be a civvy a few days later! Unfortunately my 'clearing' activites have been curtailed this week due to an argument with a paving slab on Friday night !

Fintastic
26th May 2010, 20:21
Thanks for all the replies.......JSP 754 appears to hold the key for my original post. :ok: