PDA

View Full Version : EK Falls in Skytrax - Crew to Suffer!?

ProteaPete
21st May 2010, 16:05
1. Asiana Airlines
2. Singapore Airlines
3. Qatar Airways
4. Cathay Pacific
5. Air New Zealand
6. Etihad Airways
7. Qantas Airways
8. Emirates
9. Thai Airways
10. Malaysia Airlines Emirates are down three places from #5 in 2009 to #8 this year.

No doubt the p!sswits in "management" are pulling out their hair wondering HOW this could ever happen....?!?!?!?!? After ALL they do for us!!!!

They must be grinding their teeth seeing Crappihad and The Goat ahead of them (- not that most of us could give a flying f*** at a running rat which of them is on top.)

But standby for another sh!tty letter to the cabin crew telling them how bad they are.

The beatings will continue (or increase) until our rating improves. Get those ties on lads!!!!

mensaboy
21st May 2010, 16:53
You are correct that our crew will suffer the consequences. (if it is possible to enslave them more than they already are)

But these ratings are a joke.

Granted our service is a great deal lower now than it was 10 years ago but if you have ever flown with Thai Airlines, then it should astound you that they are ranked below us.

Fortunately we have the best PR department on the planet and that is why people will pay a premium to fly with us, even though it might not be the best service available.

I have a great deal of respect for our CC especially considering the pax they have to deal with, but I have noticed a sharp decline in 'safety' abilities which probably parallels their 'service' abilities. Then when you throw into the equation that most senior crew are very unhappy at EK, no wonder the pax have noticed a difference. Many of them just don't give a damn anymore and I completely understand their POV.

Fear and intimidation works to a point but then it becomes counter-productive and we already seeing the results.

Has anyone else noticed the obvious shift in the origins of our new CC recruits? Nowadays we are getting about 5% of crew from certain parts of the world, whereas in the past we got about 30%. This is not an attempt to slag any new cabin crew, just an observation that highlights that individuals from most advanced and decent countries, no longer desire this job.

flaphandlemover
21st May 2010, 17:42
and by the way....

it seems, finally it pays off, that they took away one Flightattendant in first class and we are working maximum hours....:ugh:

great that the guy that came up with this splendid idea got a Najeem and lots of money, as he saved for the company...:D:D

I am pretty sure. This :mad: guy won't be held responsible... He is out of the pit with his millions.

Shaft the cabin crew..... they are the once to be held responsible:ugh: They really should work harder.:ugh::ugh:

GREAT MANAGEMENT EK.. FINALLY YOU HAVE PROOF!:D:D

troff
21st May 2010, 20:53
Like any "team" that starts losing, there is one simple answer: Fire the coach!

Kamelchaser
22nd May 2010, 01:29
..and do EK expect the CC work attitude to change with the huge 45-100AED/month payrise they just received?

By my reckoning about a 1% payrise!

And UAE food inflation for the last month was .75%.

What an insult.

GlueBall
23rd May 2010, 17:32
The EK 777s have 10 abreast seating in economy; and the business class seats are old style. It's not just about service, but seat comfort. EK makes money only because of the large number of guest workers who fill the cramped econ cabins.

The B777 cabin style is as outdated as are those silly scarves dangling from the cabin crews' red helmets, covering the left side of their faces. :ouch:

flaphandlemover
24th May 2010, 11:45
@Glue,

dude, which pills are you taking?:ugh:
What are you talking about?

ever flew AA, US, LH, OS, BA....

We do have some older cabins flying throughout the fleets.
But we are in the process of refurbishing them.

I guess for you it's better to take another carrier anyways...

Safe flying