PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumors

rubik101
17th Oct 2000, 20:18
Has anyone any knowledge of Brain Tumors and the subsequent medication recommended after surgery. Apart from a large painkiller of course!
I am curious about possible prevention of regrowth or stabilisation of the tumor.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
By the way, thankfully I am not the one with a tumor.
Best reargaurds.

FireDragon
17th Oct 2000, 21:30
It would depend on what sort of tumour - benign, or malignant, and also, what form of treatment was undertaken prior to surgery. Chemotherapy, radiotherapy steroids, etc.
After treatment, I believe that there can be a possibility of developing epilepsy - a friend of mine who had radiotherapy for a brain tumour was told her driving licence would be recinded for 1 - 2 years, just in case she developed this condition.

rubik101
18th Oct 2000, 21:05
Thanks for the reply. It is graded as a 2 whatever that means, I believe it is benign but the possibility exists that it may develop further. Anti epileptic treatment is already being taken but I was thinking more along the lines of alternative or homeopathic medicines which are known to help.
Best reargaurds.

Lu Zuckerman
20th Oct 2000, 20:33
This may sound stupid but I saw a bit on American Television where they interviewed a group of doctors and patients in an American Hospital. They were experimenting on the use of meditation and contemplation as a means of lowering the stress levels brought about by cancer. The program has been in operation for about a year and according to the doctors that were interviewed they stated that in most cases the cancer/tumor was in remission and in a few cases the cancer/tumor was gone.

Please note, this treatment was in conjunction with normal chemotherapy and radiation. The doctors findings were that with the meditation and contemplation the cure rate was higher than with just the normal types of treatment.

------------------
The Cat

[This message has been edited by Lu Zuckerman (edited 20 October 2000).]