PDA

View Full Version : Class D and CAR 166 eLearning tutorials

Safe Skies for All
21st May 2010, 06:30
We wish to invite the aviation industry to log on to the CASA website Civil Aviation Safety Authority - eLearning (http://www.casa.gov.au/elearning) to complete both the Class D airspace change and the CAR 166 Non-Towered Aerodrome elearning modules. This is a new approach by CASA to deliver aviation education to the broader aviation fraternity and we would like to continue this approach toward the professional development of our industry.

Completion of these two modules will prepare you for the June 3rd changes in class D airspace and CAR 166 procedures.

Staticport
21st May 2010, 09:42
I would love to see a more extensive quiz. 3 questions in the first tutorial

Dangly Bits
23rd May 2010, 03:14
I did it. Not difficult even though there is quite a few changes.

DB

Led Zep
23rd May 2010, 05:00
I'd love to have seen an ATPL exam like that.

185skywagon
23rd May 2010, 10:25
I can't get it to work. Loads opening page and then nothing.

Ultralights
23rd May 2010, 13:04
Network Error (gateway_error)

An error occurred attempting to communicate with an HTTP or SOCKS gateway.
The gateway may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.
:D im not saying anything...

185skywagon
23rd May 2010, 20:03
tony360,
thanks, work now.

Clearedtoreenter
23rd May 2010, 21:49
Safe Skies for all,

Last time there were sweeping changes to non-towered airports when we got rid of MBZ's etc, which wasn't all that long ago BTW (we won't go there:hmm:), a DVD was circulated with one of the senior guys flying a PA31 at Bathurst, I think it was, going through all of the changes by showing us what to say, where and when. I thought that was one CASA's better educational initiatives.

Are there any plans to do the similar for the new changes to Class D and non-towered airports? The tutorial is great but the devil may well be in the detail....

Safe Skies for All
27th May 2010, 23:03
Clearedtoreenter,

Thanks for your question. There will be a DVD available shortly for exactly what you are asking for. I believe it may be available on-line first. Due to the fact we didn't get the details of the changes until very late in the peace, we were'nt able to get it out earlier.

Please watch our website, and for those who have attended one of our 60 seminars, you will be notified by email as to the availability of lots of the educational material.

Regards

SSFA

ARFOR
29th May 2010, 17:07
S.S.F.A

Seriously though [Lam or Tap], how do you want VFR pilots and ATC to apply CAR 100 at YMAV?

Yours in avadance :} :E

apache
30th May 2010, 01:45
Due to the fact we didn't get the details of the changes until very late in the peace, we were'nt able to get it out earlier.

you MUST work in the CASA publications centre!!!

Ted D Bear
30th May 2010, 03:00
Please watch our website

I'm watching ... Four days to go, and still nothing more there to answer the many, many questions about how this is gonna work in practice ...

Ted D Bear
4th Jun 2010, 10:01
Please watch our website, and for those who have attended one of our 60 seminars, you will be notified by email as to the availability of lots of the educational material.

Safe Skies - 3 June has been and gone, there seems to be a new DVD on the CASA website about non-towered aerodromes (except it is shown as 'out of stock') but, as for Class D - we're still watching and waiting ...

I realise that it has been all at late notice and a bit of a moving feast for those in the CASA education section, but do you know when additional material on Class D changes might be available please.

Ando1Bar
4th Jun 2010, 10:18
CASA couldn't even get their example radio calls right at the workshop I attended, so I'm hardly suprised.

Luckily Airservices was there to save the day and actually work with the industry in an effort to clean up this mess. A lot of respect for CASA was lost when they couldn't even send one delegate to our local GAAP to Class D HazID workshop last year.

Safe Skies for All
7th Jun 2010, 06:21
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, however I have just completed 6 weeks on the road doing the GAAP to D and CAR 166 Seminars all over Australia. When I first replied I was quite fatigued and made a couple of spelling mistakes for which I apologise.

Clinton,

I have passed your excellent suggestion on to our Education Section. They have also broken the two sections into 5 modules for ease of use.

Apache,

No I don't work for CASA publications. My splelling is to herrendous fer that!

Ted,

The Operations at Non-Towered Aerodromes is now available in the CASA on-line store. May I suggest you buy a few things as the cost of postage will cover most things you may wish to purchase in one go.

The "On-Track" online training is having minor technical difficulties but will be made available as soon as we can get past some glitches.
Also the Melbourne, Parafield, and Sydney Basin Visual Pilot Guides along with the VFG is now available on-line only at this point.

Ando,

There was a CASA Rep at the HAZID last year however he had a family emergency during the day and had to leave. You may not have recognised him in his long hair anyway.

Thanks

SSFA

Ps: Feel free to give the Director feedback on our website. If you refresh your browser, you will not be able to miss the flavour of the month.