PDA

View Full Version : EMF on the Flightdeck and Cosmic radiation

Fox3snapshot
17th Oct 2000, 16:53
I am researching EMF on the flightdeck and cosmic radiation for Uni and request any good links or research that people maybe aware of.
Thanks

rubik101
17th Oct 2000, 20:08
When you do get some info could you publish the link so that I can browse through it. Thankyou and good luck!
Best reargaurds. [email protected]

Mr Magoo
17th Oct 2000, 22:24
EMF on the flightdeck?

Well I always carry a torch that has a couple of batterys in it. That'll give about 3V worth of EMF, (if they're not flat that is).

Fox3snapshot
18th Oct 2000, 04:54
Mr Magoo

Thank you for your constructive input..........now runaway and play!

VFE
18th Oct 2000, 20:15
You can get some info on cosmic radiation right here on PPRuNe. Click on 'General' in the top left and observe.
I did get some info from the CAA website on CR, I've got it on file but for the life of me cannot get it e-mailed to you. My PC skills are shakey (new to commys you see!).

Regards, VFE.

Fox3snapshot
20th Oct 2000, 17:15
VFE

Thanks for the info VFE and I had a look at it. Unfortunately I have to present the paper with about 5000 words so I am hunting for the big stuff.

Best Regards

Thomas coupling
20th Oct 2000, 19:57
Try typing in :
"X-Rays", or "Radiation hazards" on a decent search engine. I did this a while ago and it presented me (amongst other things) with peoples thesis' on the subject you are talking about. In one instance they were reporting on the amount of rads individuals got, ranging from a Qantas air hostess (breast cancer) to airline pilots flying concord (brain cancer) and their increased probability of getting it because of their jobs!!!! Did you know that dependent on the latitude at which one flies you could get the equivalent of 1 chest X-ray each way when crossing from one continent to another!![at 35,000feet]. Worse for business jet passengers s at 40+ thousand feet.
Good hunting.

------------------
TC

Fox3snapshot
21st Oct 2000, 23:23
TC

Thanks a million........the search is on!
Cheers