PDA

View Full Version : Kidney stones

Needmorecash
25th Nov 2000, 02:25
Anyone had a problem with Kidney stones.
I had one when younger, the CAA issued a class 2 with a safety pilot, they needed an x-ray to see I was all clear, then issued my class 1.But they required me to have an x-ray each year to confirm still all clear.
Just after any medical advise from anyone with or has had stones about keeping free from them, any medication etc - I already drink plenty of water (I could hold the world record for number of pi$$es in a day!!)and whether the CAA will require an x-ray for the next 28 years of my flying career.
Cheers NMC.

Lou Scannon
27th Nov 2000, 20:58
Real fun aren't they. Especially when they start the slide down your ureter.
There appears to be two problems with stones. Firstly, the long term risk to your health and particularly that of the affected kidney. Secondly, the short term (OK two hours) of pain every time the little darling decides to move down the aforesaid piece of pipework

Having an x-ray every year (and this should be at the expense of the CAA as they have called for it) helps to avoid the second problem. You should however seriously consider getting yourself screened by a physician who will call for a full blood and urine profile to avoid the first. Only then will you know what to avoid with your diet.
In the meantime loads of water can't do any harm.

------------------
Lou Scannon