PDA

View Full Version : Flight Safety Australia

ForkTailedDrKiller
15th May 2010, 11:37
"Practicing in squally conditions, Brazilian pilot Adilson Kindlemann appeared to stall in a turn. He almost recovered but and crashed tail-low and wings level into the river"

Kinda sets the tone of the whole publication doesn't it!

Dr :8

maverick22
15th May 2010, 13:06
You're a moderator now Roxy... well done

VH-XXX
16th May 2010, 00:28
It's like the gen-y journalists coming along, get used to it but.

185skywagon
16th May 2010, 00:50
With reference to Lake Eyre P62 Issue 74: "Because the lake is filling from the Cooper, Darling and Warburton Systems.........."

:ugh:

PA39
16th May 2010, 01:01
:):) Very good Doc !

The Green Goblin
16th May 2010, 03:01
Hi Roxy,

In reference to doctor, it is more correctly Doctor.

Are you sure as well as being a pprune moderator, airline terms and conditions expert, budding aerodynamacist and general aviation know it all, you did not write the said article?

All this before you even have a CPL. We expect pretty big things from you in the future :p

PLovett
16th May 2010, 03:02
I thought being a Queenslander you would have appreciated a few buts being thrown through the text, Doc. :}

frigatebird
16th May 2010, 06:43
Evidently they don't know about that line of low hills called the Grey Range. (must be a grey area..)

j3pipercub
16th May 2010, 06:58
You did kinda ask for that Roxy :)

das Uber Soldat
16th May 2010, 08:08
I dunno whats wrong with those words an that. Its like pretty normal how everyone like talks and that but.

VH-XXX
16th May 2010, 10:51
Roxy has deleted her post so now nobody knows what her words of wisdom were. Oh well.

Jabawocky
16th May 2010, 11:20
Maybe a REAL Mod could put it back up :}

Worrals in the wilds
16th May 2010, 11:36
Well, like you know, whatever...:}
The proof reading standard in most modern publications is abysmal. FSA is probably no worse than the average metropolitan newspaper. I know my local paper has several howlers per publication, but what worries me more is the equal number of factual errors, particularly in relation to scientific matters. In one recent article, they inferred that humans and gorillas could cross-breed :eek:.

notmyC150v2
16th May 2010, 12:10
In one recent article, they inferred that humans and gorillas could cross-breed .

If you had met my sister in law you would not question such scientific accuracy.

muddergoose
16th May 2010, 12:17
I look at the Flight safety publication and liken it to the cost of an aircraft mag at the newsagent, different content maybe but its choice. Costs are offset by advertising so the cost of Flight Safety to CASA is negligible.

I would rather a free WAC, VTC and ERC appropriate to the address CASA hold for me on file and they can put as much paid advertising on the non distraction side as they want. The rest can be online content.

ForkTailedDrKiller
16th May 2010, 12:37
In one recent article, they inferred that humans and gorillas could cross-breed http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif

Hmmm, and you know from personal experience that they can't? :E

A dark night! A few bottles of wine! A very affectionate gorilla!

Dr :8

Tee Emm
16th May 2010, 13:00
In one recent article, they inferred that humans and gorillas could cross-breed http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif.

They try with sheep in NZ....

ollie_a
16th May 2010, 13:08
I see two potential ways this error could have occurred.

1. A colloquialism managed to find its way into a written article. In my opinion the professional standard of FSA is generally reasonable, and I actually find this unlikely.
2. The writer changed his mind on which conjunction to use and forgot to delete one. I think this is more likely.

The Green Goblin
16th May 2010, 13:46
Quote:
In one recent article, they inferred that humans and gorillas could cross-breed .

They succeed :}

empacher48
16th May 2010, 20:44
Quote:
They succeed :}

The end result is what we call Australians!

Worrals in the wilds
16th May 2010, 21:10
A dark night! A few bottles of wine! A very affectionate gorilla!
I spent a night in NW Queensland that was suspiciously like that, many moons ago... :}

The Green Goblin
16th May 2010, 23:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Goblin
Quote:
They succeed
The end result is what we call Australians!

That were born in New Zealand and call the gold coast home :cool:

empacher48
17th May 2010, 00:01
That were born in New Zealand and call the gold coast home :cool:

As I said... Australians..:}

The Green Goblin
17th May 2010, 00:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Goblin
That were born in New Zealand and call the gold coast home
As I said... Australians..

Until they do something like sail around the world, suddenly they are Kiwis :}

That chip just get's bigger and bigger girls

j3pipercub
17th May 2010, 01:15

If it talks like a kiwi

Collects the dole like a kiwi

Doesn't work like a kiwi...

:}:}:}

j3

notmyC150v2
17th May 2010, 02:58
Dood, what does that say about your brother :ugh:

Actually it's my wife's sister. Thankfully my wife was adopted, there are some genes which just should not be allowed to propogate.

dghob
17th May 2010, 03:04
Then again, I suppose, if you pulled a good looking gorilla it might not be too bad? I interview people every day that fail the knuckle test so we shouldn't go off half cocked saying you & a gorilla couldn't start a family. Smacks of racism to me.

Counter-rotation
17th May 2010, 03:23
(Can't resist... :ok:)

Ah, Australia - the WEST ISLAND of NZ :{

Ha Ha Ha

HarleyD
17th May 2010, 05:00
Nice one Centurion,

This is by far the most entertaining and informative thread about Flight Safety Australia I have read for ages.

The complete lack of relevance to actual 'safety' topics is exactly the same approach that they have at the editorial/graphic design department at FSA.

HAHAHA

HD

studentPILOT1
17th May 2010, 05:10
sorry i forgot the subject but i remember my friend telling me that flying around australia is kind of an advanture

The Green Goblin
17th May 2010, 05:15
Quote:
If it talks like a kiwi

Collects the dole like a kiwi

Doesn't work like a kiwi...

j3

You forgot "can't play sport" like a kiwi :)

maxgrad
17th May 2010, 08:31
Ya pac o Barstools!
Fell of me chair an spilled me beer larfin!

Jabawocky
17th May 2010, 08:47
Forkie........What have you done :=???

J:}

frigatebird
17th May 2010, 13:03
that'l lern 'em :E