PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways

Gyronut
14th May 2010, 17:05
Been using Qatar for nearly 3 years and I have never had a bad experience yet. Well done to all involved and keep up the great service. :ok::D

Cymmon
16th May 2010, 08:56
I´m hoping to fly MAN-DOH-MNL in July.
Managed to get a good price for Business class, so a little treat for myself.

smala01
20th May 2010, 20:46
Indeed very good airline... Only problem is the buses to aircraft in Doha.

Generally wet with sweat by the time you get to your seat!

sirwa69
26th May 2010, 09:48
Seem to have stopped bleating on about being a 5 star airline on Sky recently, have they lost the five stars cause they have dropped first class?

Rush2112
3rd Jun 2010, 09:26
Used them last weekend SIN - DPS - SIN, economy class.

Overall, I'd say "OK": no choice of meal, just take it or leave it, which is no big deal really on a 2 hour flight, but a bit surprising. Decent legroom and seat, good IFE, although I am not sure about a touch screen in the back of the headrest if you had a hyperactive rugrat in the seat behind you jabbing the thing for 12 hours!

Service itself generally quite good, but what spoilt the experience was the return from DPS. Last on into 26 B & 26 C were two very large, loud, rude drunk Arabs. They managed to bully the guy in 26 A to swap seats with their friend, and they called, whistled and snapped fingers at the crew to get more drinks. To their credit the crew would only give them OJ or water, but the people in the row in front had their seats yanked and pulled as they moved around their own seats, their feet were up against the back of the seats so the people in front couldn't recline and when they reclined their seats with a jerk, they spilt the drinks of the couple in 27 B & C (I was in 27 D so had a good view of all this!).

I suspect the ground crew knew they would be trouble and let them on the plane so it was no longer their problem!

I was quite pleased I wasnt going all the way to Doha with them...