PDA

View Full Version : Do you go to your GP?

Fester Adams
22nd Sep 2000, 02:49
So what do you do if you've got a possible medical problem, and you don't want it to appear on your medical records, just in case it may effect your Class 1. (And private medical insurance)
Do you go to your local GP anyway, and hope for the best, or go private, and keep any possible problems undisclosed.
My reason for asking is that I've had a (slight) problem with my neck for a while, but I don't want to go to my GP about it, in case anyone finds out and says it could limit head movement and mobility in the future.......
What would you do????
Fester.

ACARS
22nd Sep 2000, 05:59
Tough one.

If there's nothing on records anywhere stating it then I would keep quiet about it. However if its really a problem and it could affect your flying ability then I guess you should be straight with people and tell them.

low flyer
22nd Sep 2000, 12:01
Have you considered a chiropracter (spelling?) or someone like that. I have friends who swear by them. And nothing would be on your official medical record then. That said, if there is a possibility of something serious being wrong, you ought to see someone about it.

Slaaag
26th Sep 2000, 23:49
Best place to go is your local Accident & Emergency department, and give a false name and address. Thats if you want to keep it quite.

On the other hand, being cabin crew, I don't think you should cover it up, as one day something could happen and "Pilot error" is blamed, how would your family react?

Juan Tego
27th Sep 2000, 01:09
Fester
Sorry to hear you're poorly.

Register as a "temporary resident" at a surgery other than your own. They will address the problem but the matter should not catch up with your medical records if you answer the relevent questions carefully.

I was in a similar position once when I was due a class1 renewal. The AME seemed more amused at the antics required for me to undress etc than concerend as to the cause and affect of the affliction.

Luckily for me the problem sorted itself out, I hope yours does too.

Streamline
27th Sep 2000, 21:25
Depends on the environment you work in.

Normally a doctor needs to abide by the medical secret unless of course....but then there is the second opinion.

If the environment does not have a reliable legal system then to hell with morality.

A system gets what it deserves.

------------------
Smooth Trimmer