PDA

View Full Version : New Hire F/O nearly paid same as 3 year F/O

These seats are hard
11th May 2010, 14:06
Just looked at pay for new hire on Ek website its 24100 camels . I have been here 3 years working 92 hours a month and the promise of 3 percent step increase a year when i joined and now im only 500 camels a month better off then a new hire. The maths does not add up ???????? :\

Mister Warning
11th May 2010, 15:02
After 3 years, you're only now realising that you are being shafted?
No wonder EK need DEC's!
Note for the intellectually challenged - this is tongue in cheek.

Rather Be Skiing
11th May 2010, 18:47
It's so nice to work for a company that truly values its' staff! NOT!! Makes that 'thanks for your efforts over this last difficult year' seem so much more heartfelt! :mad:

GoreTex
12th May 2010, 03:36
you will also be surprised when you do your upgrade, EK usually increases your salary by 10 steps, since you didnt get the last 2 steps you only get 8 steps, nobody thought about that yet

411A
12th May 2010, 08:38
It is a known fact (and has been for many years) that airlines in the middle east treat their Captains with far more respect than their First Officers.
With this in mind, I have often wondered just why a few, with commands elsewhere, would join a middle east airline as a First Officer...hoping for a command, once again.

Rule 1. Never ever give up the LHS for a RHS elsewhere, and in so doing, put yourself at the mercy of managements who keep changing the plot.

Rule 2.
If in doubt, see rule number one.

However, PT Barnum said it best...'There is a sucker born every minute.'

captainsmiffy
12th May 2010, 21:31
...yeah yeah yeah...never mind all that; do you own a goldfish?

chuckunu
13th May 2010, 11:07
why should a FO who has been there longer get more salary? same job, same pay.
every one joining new should get the same pay. there should not be lesser pay for a new guy/gal. same with capts. same job same pays.

Fart Master
13th May 2010, 12:27
Chuckunu..... you moron, think about it duffus

filejw
13th May 2010, 13:09
In almost every profession most people receive longevity pay...

harry the cod
13th May 2010, 17:40
411A

Vaguely remember a similar post you wrote 3-4 years ago, offereing that same wonderful advice to F/O's here in EK and in other ME carriers.

I, like many here at EK, were Captains at previous airlines. I, like many here, are once again Captains and enjoying the privileges that come with such a position. The failure rate for upgrades here in EK is low. The training has improved and all F/O's are recruited as 'future Captains'. Why shouldn't people come? Sure, the rules have changed. It's upset quite a few here and rightly so but most will still be far better off than if they'd stayed with their last employer.

I shouldn't have to justify my decision coming here to someone as egocentrical and opinionated as yourself but I do. Not to correct you, but to advise potential DEP's to ignore your poor and outdated 'advice'. The industry has changed since the eighties. Being cocooned in your comfy 'ten eleven', you may not have noticed that yet!

Harry