PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit4u in Berlin

Flighttime3
10th May 2010, 14:20
Hi Everybody,

just seeing if anyone has trained at Cockpit4u in Berlin?? I am thinking of starting my A320 TR shortly there. I live in Berlin as well, that is for sure one of the main reasons that I check out them first. I already visit them, and my feeling there was more than good, but unfortunately I donīt know somebody that do the training with them.
All experiences would be much appreciated!
Please notice! I donīt need any posts that I never should do a self-sponsored TR without a job, Iīm well informed about the different opinions and respect that, but I had decided to do these advanced training course to go on.
Thanks in advance

punk666
11th May 2010, 13:48
Avoid them like the plague there training is poor!! I have seen it with my own eyes and spoke to alot of people and TRI/TRE's who have the same opinion.

I recommend Jet flight training in the UK, their training is good and the instructors are well respected.

Flighttime3
12th May 2010, 12:34
is that usual here that my post need more than a whole day before it appear in the thread??? :confused:

Only in case that this one is faster.

Please post only helpful and detailed infomation about your experience with them,
no rubbish like that: avoid them like the plague!!!!

I want to thank those guys, that had sent me already serious private messages.:ok:

Regards

punk666
15th May 2010, 17:47
My experience with these pilots:

I have flown with a few guys who couldnt fly or even manage the aircraft and passed an LPC 3 weeks before.

One guys tech knowledge was so poor for example he suggested speeding up above 250 kts at FL70 to get kinetic heating on the pitot probes..just for your interest it was a left elev pitot that failed and the QRH suggests avoiding icing conditions.

Two other people I have spoke to didn't even do a raw data ILS or a non-precision approach in the LST and that is a requirement for the issue of a TR.

From what I have been told from a certain line training provider is that they have found a trend with pilots who have passed a TR with around 40 odd hours total time in the sim and/or come from cockpit4u, for this reason Royal Air Maroc who did a line training scheme have boosted there requirements to 40 hours pilot flying (80 hours total) to become eligible for line training.

Flighttime3
1st Jun 2010, 14:34
the helpless newbie starting this thread and this helpful geezer Altos always post from the same connection.

thatīs correct! we are working in the same company, I asked him about his experience before, but still wanted to know different opinions from others! So after receiving the post from punk666 he just wanted to answer himself!

so if you want audience with knowledge, he is one part of it...

alphaadrian
1st Jun 2010, 15:08
The things people will do to tout/push their own organisation eh?!:ugh:

suryakant311
13th Jun 2010, 15:54
So my friend did u go for the type rating there?I am also planning my TR in cockpit4u...And I also want to ask...what is the living cost there in GERMANY near airport?

Thanks!!...:ok:

citation3
14th Jun 2010, 14:42
that`s what they sent me:

Dear Pilot!

I hope you’re doing well! The summer season is around the corner and like every year we are able to offer a special Type Rating Training package:

For all type rating courses A320 and B737 starting between July 1st and August 31rd, 2010 you will get the apartment for your training period for free (you will save around 900 EUR).

If you are interested in one of our courses, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With our best greetings from Berlin-SXF!

A320rider
15th Jun 2010, 10:36
AND THEN WHAT DO U DO???, EVERYBODY ASK FOR 500H ON THE BUS.

FORGET THE 320!!! just a waste of money.

I know 5 guys with A320 rating and no hours on it, none got a job even after 5 years looking.

FlyingManutd
24th Jun 2010, 17:59
So what about the B737 NG TR that they provide...is it worth of getting TR done from them in respect of quality of training ( Both Ground and FBS/FFS ) or its better to get TR of NG from US?....looking forward for helpful guidance.

Thanks

A320rider
25th Jun 2010, 03:43
again and again and again, no one is going to give you a job because you have a t/rating. it doesn't matter what you rating is or where you did it, or how you did it, or how much you pay for it... NOBODY CARES about pilot with T/ratings!.

citation, lear, embraer, airbus, boeing... employers don't care anymore
they receive hundred of CVs everyday through p. office, email, and phone calls.

if you call them, they will tell you to stop to call. if you send your CV you will get a thank you, keep CV on file for 6 months, bye.

if you present your self: give me your CV, Bye.

Please would you stop to ask again and again and again the same questions?
wait for 2012-2013 to see if this market improve or not.

FlyingManutd
25th Jun 2010, 08:19
@ A320rider

Sir what i asked was the quality of training being imparted by Cockpit4u....I totally agree with your views about having a TR but without a job....

So anybody who did his TR from cockpit4u want to share some experience of there training?

suryakant311
2nd Jul 2010, 13:34
@ CITTATIOn that is only for european citizens only

EFRAS
16th Jul 2010, 21:15
I did some supervision flights with 4 cadets from cockpit4 u. Good level of training, well prepared without any problems. I'm not a friend of these kind of opinion sharing.. The best thing is: ask other graduates from the training institute to get their personal point of view. A lot of people use pprune to marketing their own services....

Good luck and safe landings!

Skipping Classes
21st Jul 2010, 11:49
We have had a number of cockpit4u A320 graduates (both DEC and F/Os) who failed the line training due to lack of technical knowledge/training... sometimes quite dramatic stories, with guys spending their last money on the A320 type rating, coming to do the line training and failing even F/O line check, left in dire straits... that said, any pilot training is 90% of what you make of it yourself.

suryakant311
23rd Jul 2010, 14:29
Finally im in cockpit4u:-)

Dobo1
27th May 2011, 12:07
Anybody within our ranks who has been through the system with C4U in the last intervening 8 months that would like to share their personal retrospective experience? (specifically the A320 TR)
Cheers and thanks for sharing!