PDA

View Full Version : Emirates announces services to Iraq

Da Do Ron Ron
10th May 2010, 10:11
Iraq is the last remaining Middle Eastern destination to be frequented by Emirates. The carrier's current number of weekly Middle Eastern flights totals 197, across 10 countries.

His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates airline & Group, said, "The launch of services to Baghdad highlights our steadfast commitment to connecting the Arab world with the rest of the globe. As the last remaining Middle Eastern country to receive our services I am delighted that we have now come full circle."

Emirates announces services to Iraq | Emirates | AMEinfo.com (http://www.ameinfo.com/232107.html)

Instant Hooligan
10th May 2010, 11:08
I'd love to see the RNAV SAAAR visual approach from overhead the field for that. LoL.

donpizmeov
10th May 2010, 12:07
Think I saw an FCI regarding the possibility of MAWs being activated by runway lights or climbing through cloud cover into sunshine. Engineers are doing the chaff and flare loading course now. Also to be the FOs walk around when in theater. No personal belongings or squadron badges, and side arms to be promptly returned to the armory prior to beers and debrief in the mess.

Seems like a good flight for the Boeing.

The Don

Sataybox
10th May 2010, 15:03
Seems like a good flight for the Boeing.

Sorry Don...

The route will be serviced by an Airbus A330-200 aircraft, offering a three-class configuration of 12 First Class, 42 Business Class and 183 Economy Class seats.

Look on the bright side - you might get to wear a gong!

EK 941 will depart Dubai on Thursday's and Saturday's at 07:00 hours and arrive in Baghdad at 08:30 hours. From Baghdad EK 942 departs at 10:30 hours arriving in Dubai at 13:55 hours.

And it's daylight flying...

I'd love to see the RNAV SAAAR visual approach from overhead the field

They don't fly the spiral descents/departures anymore. Good thing or it'd end up being the new so-called "DEC Graveyard."

Iver
10th May 2010, 18:59
Some of the turbulence might not be weather induced... :eek:

Chewthecrude
10th May 2010, 20:50
RHWRs are being retro fitted in anticipation!

halas
11th May 2010, 03:46
I remember when they announced Basrah five years ago (along with Copenhagen). Do we go there? :}

halas

CAYNINE
11th May 2010, 09:24
yay bloody yay.... another 10 hour duty turn. :ugh:

filejw
11th May 2010, 19:41
What two legs a day to much for ya...perhaps a night stop at the Baghdad Airport Marriott would be better for you.