PDA

View Full Version : The Election - What now for airport expansion

Bagso
8th May 2010, 18:33
I assume LHR 3rd runway is now dead (assuming it was ever more than posturing) so what does the future hold in the short term for a UK aviation transport policy.

ConstantFlyer
8th May 2010, 20:22
As I understand it, the Conservatives are not against airport expansion per se, just a 3rd runway at Heathrow. The LibDems take a dim view of any expansion anywhere; and Labour put all their eggs in the Heathrow basket.

Ironically, I think the Icelandic ash cloud may just have reminded some people how important air transport is to people's jobs, families and the functioning of the economy. Let's hope there's a bit of respite now from airline and aviation industry-bashing.

daz211
8th May 2010, 20:55
No matter who gets into No 10, they are likely to kill off the last BIG industry
that this country is good at.

In my view all London airports need to be made bigger, all it takes is for some
terror attact at LHR and there is nowhere for all the flights to go / opp from.

Guest 112233
9th May 2010, 09:05
The election results show how little attitudes have changed.Good god talk about fixated attitudes. Not helped by the media, BBC "Nice to see you nice." FFS, or the papers too with their facile coverage -

You are not going to get the right sort of intelligent questions asked - Major capital projects like Runways and their associated infrastructure are byond the intellectual domains of the universe inhabited by the likes of Dave,Gorden or whats his name from the Lib Dems ! Nick - The political/entertainment complex now runs Great Brit! - Paralysis by committee. Sic transit Gloria

What happens in the elections today in Rhine/Westphailia has more long term effect on economic development. Mr Haig are you reading this by any chance !.

If runways were manufactured from Wind and Piss, Birmingham would have a 3010 metre rwy, Manchester would still be a major European hub and London would have a modern single international airport situated in the Thames estuary.

After we have all stocked up with cans of beans, and bricked our selves into our shortly to be repossessed former homes, will the penny drop; that the political system has served well, the sh*te that has deigned to govern by self selection.

You have asked a sensible question in the title of the thread, I'm sorry that terminal economic contraction will be the answer.

Assuming that you could have actually voted anyway - Da guardians of Law and Disorder were called to my local poling station at 10 O'Clock. Amazingly !!!!.

CAT III