PDA

View Full Version : Griffon/Cyprus

Fitnesspilot737
8th May 2010, 16:08
Just wondered has anyone got information or trained here? Flying in Cyprus - Griffon Aviation Ltd (http://www.griffonaviation.com/) !! Was thinking about a FI rating here. It would also be a bonus if Paphos had really hot chicks?

Antrikkos
9th May 2010, 20:47
I had my FI rating there last year.The school is very organised with very proffesional instructors,and I finished my course in short time.Weather is perfect,people are very friendly,and there really hot russian girls in Paphos:ok:

Fitnesspilot737
10th May 2010, 10:49
Did you get a chance to instruct when you finished?

Antrikkos
10th May 2010, 19:50
You mean if i had the chance to work at Griffon?

Fitnesspilot737
11th May 2010, 20:57
Yes. I am considering going there on Monday. It seems cool. How long did it take you to complete the rating?

Antrikkos
11th May 2010, 22:27
Yes i had the chance to work there but i had a better job opportunity.
It took me about 25 days to complete the course including groundschool.
Anyway i wish you all the best and have a nice staying in Cyprus:ok:

peter.124
12th May 2010, 15:37
Sorry but cannot agree that Griffon is very organised with very proffesional instructors. The weather may be perfect,and most of the people are very friendly but check out the prices and especially the aircraft which, unless there has been a change recently, are not in the best condition. A year ago they lost a C150 when it crashed shortly after takeoff!

Antrikkos
12th May 2010, 20:03
Well,i dont think that 6900 euros is too much for FI course all inclusive!If you find somewhere that is cheaper than that please let me know.
Anyway,regarding the C-150 crash i was there the day of this accident and i don t think that it was the schools fault that the guy took-off with full flaps,full fuel,and a passenger on board in a hot day!!!!!
And also it wasn't the schools fault that the pilot, shortly after take off,when the a/c got into a stall,he pulled the nose of the a/c
further up instead of leveling off!!!:ugh:
The accident investigation team of Cyprus came to the conclusion that the accident was due to PILOT ERROR(Human Factor)

peter.124
15th May 2010, 17:47
Antrikkos, I am not the person looking to complete my FI rating so please don't try and sell Griffon to me on price or anything else. I have also been there and was not at all happy with the condition of the equipment at the time. Just trying to give an honest opinion to the guy asking the original question. It is up to him to make his mind up but he really should check out the aircraft. If Cyprus is your chosen destination try tomahawk aviation at Larnaca they are better, but by the time you have factored in the costs of getting to Cyprus and also your accomodation the total bill for the FI rating is going to be expensive compared with many other schools in the UK or Spain for example.