PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of Easy Jet flight checker??

JP1
8th May 2010, 15:48
Hi,

During the last episode of UK flight disruptions due to VA, even though all of UK airspace had closed down, Easyjet was showing on it's website all UK flights on time!!

Today again it shows all flights on time (scheduled). Unless I mis-understand the word scheduled I can see absolutely no point in their website

Flight Departures Checker (http://holidays.easyjet.com/FlightCheck/flightdepartures.aspx?lang=en)

At least Ryanair has the ability to inform passengers that flights have been cancelled.

Capetonian
8th May 2010, 16:44
Just before Christmas I had to meet a friend who was arriving into LPL on an easyJet flight from Spain, scheduled to arrive at 1600. She called me during the early afternoon to say that when she checked in they advised her of a minimum 2 hour delay. At 1800, easyJet's website still showed the flight as arriving at 1600, but Liverpool airport's website showed it as arriving at 0040. At 2200, easyJet still showed it as arriving at 1600.

If they're not going to update it, then it would be better not to have it at all. The stations should in theory get the messages from the MVT messages and thus all have the same information.

I sent easyJet screenshots of the displays, a request for information, and a bill for the night we were forced to spend at the Marriott at Liverpool Airport and have not had a reply.

TurningFinals
8th May 2010, 17:19
Check the timestamp on the page, if you visit more than once it often doesn't update without refreshing.

Capetonian
8th May 2010, 17:56
Fair comment, but I did suspect that and had gone into the site several times, but I think it does update automatically.

Rhayader
8th May 2010, 17:59
They were spot on late last Monday night/Tuesday morning showing the 0710 Newcastle-Belfast flight cancelled about 0100 due to the volcanic wotsit.

CloudSurferUK
8th May 2010, 20:10
The page does, but most browsers load from local cache to save time unless you have changed the settings to always look for latest page. Everytime I have used EFC it has given me upto date info in fairness to them.