PDA

View Full Version : Wannabee guy in KSA looking for advice

skycaesar
8th May 2010, 04:09
Hi everyone
This is my first post oh this great web sit

My story is that i need a job as a pilot , I have CPL+IR with 278 hrs on SE&ME, and i am from Saudi Arabia, i looked for a pilot job in my country and it's really hard to find,I need from you guys to help me and guide me what to do .

any job in UAE,Qatar,Bahrain, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia , that i can work with.
Do u guys advice me to take a type rating on Jet airplane small one's like G-IV for private company ?

any idea :ugh: :(

mutt
8th May 2010, 05:24
You might be surprised to learn that a rating on a "small aircraft" aircraft such as a GIV will cost you a lot more that a A320/737 rating. Why dont you approach NAS, SAMA, Saudia, AlWafeer..... failing that, seek out Arabasco, or the cloud seeding company in Riyadh, failing all that, talk to Rabigh Wings about doing a FI rating with them and teaching with them to build your hours.

Unless of course you did your licence in the Philippines, then good luck with convincing anyone that you have ever flown an aircraft.

Mutt

skycaesar
8th May 2010, 13:13
Thank you Sir for your fast replay.

But if i get A320 type rating with my low flying hours witch company will give me the chance to work with them .

Samiadam
8th May 2010, 15:04
Hi SkyCaeser,

The first question is where is your license from. I hope its not from philippines. Im surprised you are not able to get a job in your own country. Have you approached Saudia?. What did they tell you. I know NAS is desperatly looking for FOs on EMB190. Also try Saudi Aramco, they were looking for FOs on B737NG. OR you could do type rating plus line training with Bahrain Air. They are offering that but is a little expensive.

Sami

AL-MEHDAR
31st May 2010, 04:53
Your fingers not SAME
Don't Flout for people came from Philp

If you are decide to do your training in US but you did got a visa so what is the best way to got an FAA or ICAO licenes with 40k USD.

regards