PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet domestic ID

Oisin
7th May 2010, 15:01
Hi All, just recently found I've lost my passport and have a flight in two weeks time from Belfast Int to Newcastle - is it still ok to use a photographic driving licence for Easyjet domestic flights?

Had a look on the Easyjet website and I can't pinpoint this....

Many thanks in advance for any help.

:)

Leecj1
7th May 2010, 15:39
Photo ID is fine
What travel documents do I need to take with me? (http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10/session/L3NpZC9vKmlDUWhfag%3D%3D/kw/id/r_id/166/sno/1)

Getoutofmygalley
7th May 2010, 16:30
All you need to do is go to the help pages on easyJet.com, select the "Our FAQ's" link at the bottom of the page and then input in the search field "What ID do I need?"

You will then receive a reply saying:

Domestic flights:

Passengers are required to provide photographic ID at check-in all flights including domestic services.

International flights:

The documentary requirements for passengers on international flights within the European Union are a valid passport or national identity card supported by any other relevant documentation such as visas where applicable.

For all other international flights out of the Eurpean Union a passport is required.

If you are unsure what constitutes a valid ID we recommend you contact our customer service department on 0871 244 2366 (calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more) for further information.

Capetonian
7th May 2010, 17:55
The airline requires all passengers to provide photographic ID at check-in on all flights including domestic services. Passengers who use the online check-in service will be required to provide photographic ID at the security gate and again at the boarding gate.

I think that answers your concern.

Businesstraveller
11th May 2010, 11:55
Related, but not quite the same...

Anyone know why BA/BMI (on domestic legs) only require your FF card to check-in and then don't require anything more than your boarding card at the gate, whilst all other carriers (EZ/BE/WW) require photographic ID when checking in and when boarding? I politely/in passing put this to someone at check-in last year (I wasn't in a rush and there was no queue) and they had no idea.

Answers on a postcard?