PDA

View Full Version : BMI Baby Website

Binder
6th May 2010, 14:53
Maybe this has been commented on elsewhere.

I find the website virtually unuseable on my netbook (a common brand) and end up giving up booking flights. The site is very slow to load compared to other airlines sites and the departure/arrival pop up window disappears before the chosen airport is loaded. I have tried changing netbook/browser settings to no avail.

With many airlines in dire straits you would expect websites to draw one in but unless I am using a desk top I find using this site frustrating.

Am I missing something? Have others experienced the same?

I just want to give Baby some business!

Binder

sawtooth
6th May 2010, 15:20
The site is a little slow, but I'd first try upgrading to a modern browser such as Firefox, Chrome or Safari, all free downloads. Many netbooks come with XP and Internet Expeloer 6/7 which is very poor at supporting modern web standards and slow rendering some javascript code. Other than that your system could be low in memory?

OltonPete
6th May 2010, 17:13
Binder

It has been covered on the baby thread but it has improved for me
on my netbook and my wife's laptop. Our main PC which has IE8 it is
still slow and at work it is non-existent.

As the previous poster stated try chrome as my access certainly
improved after changing browser.

It is much better than it was when it first changed and they must
have lost bookings over the Christmas/New Year period.

There are still aspects which are frustrating and it still needs adjusting
in my opinion.

Pete

Deep and fast
6th May 2010, 19:40
Some time ago flybmi.com wouldn't work with AOL! Would be interested to know if it is still the same.

All this is quite unacceptable, people losing their jobs because we don't have the business and websites which turn the work to other companies.

Some **** at Donnington hall should get the boot!!

D and F :8

Mr Angry from Purley
6th May 2010, 19:48
Bmibaby site is for sure the worst airline site to use. I'm not an expert but regularly use FR/U2/LS/BA/BE and hordes of Euro sites etc. I once routed BHX-CDG having given up on Babys site to look a one way (the one way selection is a little tick box, took 3 staff to see it)
Loath to admit it but FR is the best site, U2 was good but's on the slide (too much information) :\

freightdoggy dog
6th May 2010, 22:10
As pointed out by Binder:

I tried in February to book ( I use Firefox ) on my laptop BOH-JER-BOH for this month and it was a complete waste of time as the departure and arrival airports just kept disappearing...

I book over 40 flights a year with FR/U2/LS/BA/BE etc, so its easy for me to compare a sausage with a sausage, and I'm afraid to say..Babys site did not sizzle and i wont return due to the poor experience !

Flybe ended up getting my £100 and I will fly from SOU next week !!

If this is a common problem for Joe Bloggs..will the last person left in I.T turn off the lights in Donny Hall !