PDA

View Full Version : Agricopters uk....

griffothefog
5th May 2010, 15:23
Spent a short time at "Chilbolton Wanderers" in 83 doing a Hiller 12E conversion during my spraying time, before going "clean" and joining North Scottish in ABZ. Great bunch of characters including "huge baloon" and the boss "Peter bottle of gin"
Those in the know will know who I speak of :ok: Hugh's "hiller killer" home brew wine was the stuff of legends :ooh:

What I'm after is any pics of the 12e from that mob and perhaps any anecdotes about the real characters that were in abundance there for season after season.
I stress I was only passing through there at that time having done 3 years spraying in the U.S. and Saudi, so lay no claim to being a family member :=

But....... I do know a few stories :oh:

GTF.

muffin
5th May 2010, 16:09
I used to keep my Cessna 172 parked behind the fuel shed there in those days. Although I was not not part of the Agricopters crowd I do remember Peter BG well as he gave me my very first helicopter ride and ignited the spark that made me get my PPL(H) about 17 years later.

hillerman
5th May 2010, 21:03
Would the name Tony Brown ring a bell?? Still very lively in his retirement and Peter Botel Gill? I have been restoring a 12C at Vanguard Helicopters in Henstridge and Tony who I believe worked for Agricopters has been giving some technical support. This iPhone shot was taken last week in Hampshire

9xhFWSI0GFc

Its not a 12E though

heli1
6th May 2010, 09:17
Hillerman.....If you are aware of any duff wooden blades for a 12C or engine trunking not suitable for fght ,let the Helicopter Museum at Weston know.(01934 824758).They are looking for out of life bits for their 12C on display.