PDA

View Full Version : Delta MAN to ATL

wingeel
5th May 2010, 14:44
Off to Atlanta on Monday on DL from Manchester. A couple of questions:

1. Do they use a 767-400 ?

2. What is the In Flight Entertainment system like (seatback ?).

TSR2
5th May 2010, 15:30
B767-300 I'm afraid.

lasernigel
5th May 2010, 15:40
Atlanta airport is NOT FUN btw:ugh:

Mr @ Spotty M
5th May 2010, 16:18
What ever you do don't buy any liquids over 100 cc on your out bound flight or you will loose them.

Stu_88
5th May 2010, 18:49
Wingeel,

July 2008 I flew MAN-ATL-MIA on B763 and B752 respectively, cant say I was overly impressed with Delta, but they werent THAT bad either.....however on the way back they cancelled my flight and gave everyone a "5 minute courtesy calling card" which as you can imagine, wasnt a great deal of help while in Miami.

They also offered 30 rooms at $85 each......for a passenger load of an MD-80 (MIA-JFK route) (The original fight home was MIA-JFK-MAN but the next day I caught the ATL-MAN flight).

Dont want to make you worry, just thought id give you the heads up on Delta's customer care techniques

All the best for your trip anyway:ok:

MUFC_fan
5th May 2010, 20:18
767-300 doesn't currently have seat back IFE on board, certainly DL's Achilles heel on TATL flights using this aircraft, however in the near future it is due to be installed as aircraft go through complete update inside.

ATL isn't that bad, it is nothing like LHR can be (except T5 of course)

Diver_Dave
6th May 2010, 11:39
We did this last year as the first leg out to Cancun.

767 (not sure which) Seatback IFE on both trans Atlantic
sectors. O, nothing special, but nothing horrific either.

The worst part being having to 'justify' to the security rep
at Manchester airport as to why my partner (who's German)
is flying to the states from a country other than her own as he has 'to tell them a good story'. Then praising himself at telling said 'good story'

Immigration at ATL OK on way out, rudest I've ever had anywhere
on the way back.

And the only bag that didn't make the return connection was the one
that wasn't opened by the TSA.

Hope it helps.

Regards

DaveA

wingeel
6th May 2010, 12:37
Many thanks chaps for all the info. Much appreciated !!:ok:

bedsted
7th May 2010, 11:59
In my opinion, ATL is one of the worst airports I have been to.
As Mr @ Spotty M advises, i.e. don’t buy any liquids over 100cc or you will loose them, it happened to me. I had a couple of bottles of wine from CDG duty free, however I did not know that after landing at ATL one has to go through another security check and, of course, liquids over 100cc are not allowed. I hope the miserable security staff didn’t enjoy them too much.

I need to get back to Florida or a State not too far away. Does anyone know of a direct flight from France? It would seem that AF and Delta have the monopoly with all flights operating CDG-ATL and not one direct to Florida.

Musket90
8th May 2010, 21:52
I think American AL fly CDG-MIA daily. AA63 is/was the flight No.

nicolai
8th May 2010, 23:43
I think American AL fly CDG-MIA daily. AA63 is/was the flight No.

If you think ATL's a bad airport, you really won't like MIA.

Arriva driver
9th May 2010, 08:28
Just a point about Atlanta airport - even if you are only travelling to Atlanta and you have more than 100ml in your hand baggage (say from duty free on the way there), it will be taken from you. It is because you are using the transfer train (or even walking) between concourses - the fact you only want to exit the airport makes no difference.

ExXB
9th May 2010, 11:22
Last time I went through ATL I was given the option of putting my 'liquids' into my 'checked' bags.

As I recall we arrived at the farthest terminal building, went through pASSport control, picked up our checked bags, handed in the white piece of paper to the [cough] nice [cough cough] gentleperson, gave back our checked bags, to be transported to the main terminal, went through 'normal' security, onto the train to the main terminal, picked up our bags, and off into the land of concealed (and not-concealed) weapons.

So, in the gap between handing of the piece of paper and giving back the checked bags I had the opportunity to put my duty free purchased dangerous liquids into my checked bag.

Perhaps they have changed this 'Rube Goldberg' system, but then again why would they?

bedsted
9th May 2010, 15:21
Unfortunately my checked bag had already left for the other terminal, so no chance of adding the wine.
It would have been nice of the airline to inform passengers NOT to buy any duty free in liquid form when inbound to ATL. I am just glad my wife did not buy some expensive perfume.
Thanks for the information, yes Miami runs pretty close to ATL.

Arriva driver
9th May 2010, 20:38
Yes, I was given the opportunity to "check" my hand baggage through to landside, trouble was it needed a Delta baggage tag who would not give that. (My normal checked baggage had gone through by the time I went through security - that was tagged already of course) A no-win situation!

Diplome
14th May 2010, 12:13
I agree that security at Atlanta can be maddening.

I've flown Delta Business Class on that route numerous times and have really been pleased with the service.

Absolutely fantastic Cabin Crew.

cardhappyaf
15th May 2010, 01:39
Just flown this exact route 2 days ago and heading back sunday.

its delta so think ryanair - uncomfortable seats, no seat back tv - poor food - and old grumpy stewardess who must be undervalued.

everything about atlanta airport even the duty free purchases is correct...though the delta lounge has the nice touch in atlanta of having a bar man serve you

J4CKO99
5th Jun 2010, 21:59
I do this one occasionally, its tolerable, they do regular drinks services and bring water round quite often, no entertainment so I take my Archos video player.

Leg room is on the snug side in Economy for me six foot ish, but by no means as unusually cruel as the Monarch A321 I came back from Turkey on yesterday, purgatorial.

ATL is not much fun it has to be said, takes an hour or so to pass through I find, there is a traine ride to the terminal, then another to the Car Rental Centre which is a pretty good facility, rented a nice new Camaro which was fun (work were paying).

Did Business Class courtesy of a family freind who use to be a high up at MAN, was on the old Tri-Stars, that was nice, the Plane and the Stewardesses were right from 1978 ! but brilliant.