PDA

View Full Version : Qatar to receive 6 787s in 2011 and possibly Bombardier C-Series in the future

Iver
4th May 2010, 16:27
See the news report below. So, if you were to guess, who would likely fly the 787s - pilots transitioning from the 777 fleet, from the A330/340 fleets or pilots hired externally?

Qatar Air to receive 6 Boeing 787s next year - CEO

Tue May 4, 2010 5:47am EDT

DUBAI, May 4 (Reuters) - Qatar Airways increased its order for Boeing's (BA.N (http://www.pprune.org/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=BA.N)) new 787 Dreamliner to six from two and expects to take delivery by September next year, the carrier's Chief Executive Akbar al-Baker told journalists.

"At the moment, we will be receiving six 787s next year; initially it was two," Baker told journalists at a conference on Tuesday. Baker said the unlisted national carrier hoped to conclude talks with Canada's Bombardier (BBDb.TO (http://www.pprune.org/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=BBDb.TO)) over the purchase of 20-30 C-series aircraft by July.

Fubaliera
4th May 2010, 17:39
External and Some 320/330 crews

laic
4th May 2010, 18:05
C-Series previews at www.nowisthefuture.com (http://www.nowisthefuture.com)

Iver
30th Jul 2010, 01:36
C'mon, who wouldn't want to fly the 787:

Photos: Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boeing/Boeing-787-8-Dreamliner/1743848/L/&sid=bcb1be932e2137c7573cbb528b6f567b)

I am glad to see Qatar taking the lead in the Middle East on the 787. EK may have the biggest aircraft but QR will have the most advanced.

On a side note, I could be VERY wrong, but I have read rumours that QR may start a "commutable" schedule for pilots. Cathay Pacific offer pilot bases outside HKG and it probably has no issues finding qualified pilots who want to live remotely. With QR, they have never offered a "commutable" schedule or remote bases outside Doha. That has never been the case in the past. Is that remotely possible now or is it a complete false rumour? Anyone else hear that rumour? I bet QR would get flooded with stellar CVs/applications if it came to fruition...

loc22550
30th Jul 2010, 03:52
Thats the problem....Commutable contract....if it comes to application one day or if they have to (to attract people).. i'm afraid it's gone be for new joiners ONLY..!!
New joiners already by-pass seniors guys on 320, enjoy lovely roster...
Lets not forget the golden rule in QR: the more you are senior the more the company will take you more personnaly.. from Behind:mad:!

loc22550
30th Jul 2010, 04:16
Flapsfull...
1-wait&think and see BEFORE jumping on people.. IF one day they introduce commuting contract...who is right or wrong...
2-Oops seems you are a very junior here in QR (less than 6 months!!) and got a straight in entry on A-330...
3-Let people with some experience in the airline(unlike you) rise true facts about the company,you like it or not: who cares!
Nothing else to add.

Wizofoz
30th Jul 2010, 06:16
I am glad to see Qatar taking the lead in the Middle East on the 787. EK may have the biggest aircraft but QR will have the most advanced.

Well then, they should buy some F-35s, even MORE advanced!!

I'm sure the 787 will be brilliant on routes for which it is size appropriate. No matter how "Advanced" it is, it still isn't any good if it won't carry enough people.

airwjo
4th Aug 2010, 18:14
people don't fight against each other, please, enjoy your beer and stop it.

it's really sometimes funny, to read the posts.

yes, there are people, who did all type ratings in 5 years. now, it is not possible anymore.

guys on the 320 and on the 300 are still waiting for their transfer or upgrade, despite they have no reports or bad sim session.

everybody from us surviving here, knows to good and the bad sides.

the best thing, what they can do, let's forget pay raise and commuting rosters (which will not happen anyway, why should they), is to stop taking people on 777 or 330 directly doesn't matter, if they are type rated or not. this would help a lot of guys and gives motivation as well as stopping complaining at least a bit.

but how they say here: what to do
:ok:

skya320
4th Aug 2010, 20:03
Atleast someone here understand humble 320 guy like me. Still waiting for transfer or upgrade.

tangalanga
7th Aug 2010, 20:53
Why havent you been upgraded to A330 as I seem to meet endless FOs that have been 320 for 1-2 years and then are straight onto 330....

It is a joke right? You are very very funny :}