PDA

View Full Version : Use of Printed Doc's

av8trflying
3rd May 2010, 03:43
Does anyone know if you can use the CAO's, CAR's and AIP in CASA exams if you have printed them off from the internet?

Will ASL say "no way you have to have originals"?

Thanks in advance:ok:

Monopole
3rd May 2010, 04:15
I did (years ago though). There are no CASA requirements to own a set of the Regs and Orders, and they make them available as you said, on the internet.

In my opinion, and in light of the onslaught of ASL threads on this forum, your main problem would be with the inconsistancy of the exam centres on what is and what is not acceptable.

PPRuNeUser0163
3rd May 2010, 05:05
AV8,

saw a guy take in excerpts (printed off and highlighted) from CAO's and CAR's into an IREX exam at Highett, Melbourne about 6 weeks ago so i guess it is okay

Jazzy78910
3rd May 2010, 05:55
Here is the link to the relevant CASA page:
Civil Aviation Safety Authority - CASA exam material provided and required (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90074)

And here is the extract from the page stating the requirements:
Self printed copies of CARs, CAOs and CAAPs downloaded from the CASA website are acceptable subject to the following:
The documents are approved for use in the particular examination, and are secured in a ring bound folder.
The CARs, CAOs and CAAPs do not contain manuscript material, and are in separate and clearly marked folders.
The folders do not contain other documents or notes.I personally download them in PDF and then use my work printer :E to print "Booklet style" with two CASA pages to one A4 page. Cut em in half after printing and bind em up as a half-sized version of the original.

The Green Goblin
3rd May 2010, 06:10
I printed the CARs at a copy center. Ended up costing more than the text only copy from AS.

I ordered the text only version of the CAOs and placed them in my existing binder (as the copy center could not print in the CAO page size to fit my existing binder).

It will cost a little over $100 to order txt only versions of the CAR/CAOs and you should own a set of AIPs/Jepps as a working Pilot with an update service.

av8trflying
3rd May 2010, 06:11
Thanks guys and Jazzy

I went looking for the reference but couldnt find it. Must look deeper:zzz:

Yeah that is what I have done. Printed them off and bound them at work. :E

I use Jepps but everyone has said how hard they are to use for the ATPL's.

Jazzy78910
3rd May 2010, 09:30
I went looking for the reference but couldnt find it.I don't blame you! The CASA website is a mess of a thing, with an absolutely useless search engine. I typed "cyber exams" in to the search tool and got everything from 2002 Magazine extracts to 2007 Annual Report content. I'd be nice if it just offered a link to the relevant portion of the website... :ugh:

chainsaw
3rd May 2010, 10:20
I personally download them in PDF and then use my work printer :E

Printed them off and bound them at work. :E

Really? How bloody dishonest. :rolleyes:

From the casual reader's perspective, the 'evil eye' smilie seems to imply that each of you used your employer's facilities/resources for your own benefit without the consent of your employer? Care to confirm/deny?

What else do you pricks steal from your employer? :ugh:

Biggles78
3rd May 2010, 10:26
What else do you pricks steal from your employer?
Pens, paperclips, manila folders, staples........oh wait, forgot, I am the boss. :hmm:

av8trflying
3rd May 2010, 10:33
Jesus christ chainsaw, dont hold back.

Prick am I, for your info my wife is my boss from my home office.

********!

chainsaw
3rd May 2010, 10:46
Geez, the fish are biting well today!

av8trflying..... Some advice sunshine...........GROW UP!

You said:

Printed them off and bound them at work.:E

I said:

the 'evil eye' smilie seems to imply that each of you used your employer's facilities/resources for your own benefit without the consent of your employer? Care to confirm/deny?

Your little attempt at cute using the evil eye smilie was soooooooooo unnecessary if you DO actually work from home, and your Mrs is your boss. :ooh:

Apologies if your feathers got ruffled, but this is PPRuNe, you tried to be a smart ar$e, and you got 'called' for it.

Been doing anything else that your boss doesn't know about? :ok:

Game over.

av8trflying
3rd May 2010, 10:49
thank you chainsaw for your insight.

yes everything you have said is right.

because you are always right.

no one else could possibly be right.

off now to do some growing up.

ga_trojan
3rd May 2010, 22:56
Chainsaw must be one of those guys who pings his employees for using to much toilet paper and soap......

hardNfast
3rd May 2010, 23:55
Don't be silly. He would make employees pay for their own toilet paper and soap, along with everything else. Hey remember we are lucky to even get a job:ugh:

Whatsit Doingnow
4th May 2010, 02:54
you should own a set of AIPs/Jepps as a working Pilot with an update service.
Unless you work for a real airline that provides them for you.