PDA

View Full Version : LGW to MCO Virgin Atlantic

mac2623
2nd May 2010, 12:15
Have heard that aircraft on this route are getting a bit tired, any news of the postponed re-fit/upgrade of the fleet? Seems a lot of money spent on paintwork and ground services (vroom) and not a lot spent on the actual aircraft?

BillS
2nd May 2010, 12:35
Don't believe everything you read on theDibb!
There are still 3x as many choose to fly UK-MCO by Virgin than any other carrier.

New aircraft being delivered to Virgin next year and existing LGW 744s being refitted.

Stampe
2nd May 2010, 12:51
Paxed on that route a couple of months ago,pleasant crew though didn,t see a lot of them.Leg room awful and seatwidth very poor though fortunately I was in a 3 across row with only 2 of us don,t know how I would have survived if it had been full.In flight entertainment not working at all and a very shabby interior ,had a good book to read.On the upside my company only paid £80 for my one way ticket..so guess I shouldn,t have expected much.Virgins LGW economy product is really a 1980s style charter offering extremely high density and very dated now.They must be losing a fortune at those fare levels operating old 744s.

amf1966
3rd May 2010, 10:55
Well, I have done that route with VS 4 times in the last 20 months or so for family holidays.

Agree that aircraft are now getting a little shabby etc, but the level of customer service more than makes up for it in my opinion.

I choose VS on that route (and some others) over most other cariers at present.

Looking forward to new aircraft/refits in the near future.

PS - am doing Barbados in July and understand these are the newer premium cabins?