PDA

View Full Version : Toowoomba Warbirds

Fliegenmong
2nd May 2010, 11:31
Fliegs was in Toowoomba today with Mrs Fliegs & Jnr Fliegs, catching up with some old work friends for lunch (Long weekend and all)....Pretty little town Toowoomba, some really lovely houses, old Queenslanders etc. I couldn't live there as I need my regular salt water immersion, but none the less a very pretty town is Toowoomba, the Court house is something out of a fairytale...
(Not if you're making an appearance there I supose)

We drove out as we were meeting up with friends that live in the new Springfield lakes area, and we dropped in to see there new home...

Naturally, headed out to the airport after lunch, because even though I hadn't flown out there, I'll head out to any little airport to check it out, and Toowoomba houses the late Guido Zuccoli's collection. We were in a hurry, couldn't stay long, didn't stick my head into the Aerotech hanger, but I did see the FIAT G-59, and the Boeing Stearman, but I have never seen so many Harvards & Trojans in the one place at the one time.:}, a succession of Radials starting up was a real unexpected pleasure out at Toowoomba this afternoon....:ok:

frigatebird
2nd May 2010, 22:11
They'll be up at Maryborough in a fortnights time for their annual 'Safari'. Why not fly up and see them there..

Got this e-mail..
" Hi to all Members,
The club website has finally been updated. You can get the news at
www.maryboroughaeroclub.com (http://www.maryboroughaeroclub.com/)

Special notice... and sorry for the short notice...
Friday 14th May Spit Roast 2 course meal to coincide with our Warbirds weekend
Starting at 6ish. Bar will be open! $28.00per person
RSVP by the 9th May, either email or call me on 41222005.
We need numbers so please come along. "