PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up for Tuesday

Double Zero
1st May 2010, 23:16
Channel 4 13:40 Tuesday - ' Yangtse Incident '.

Though primarily a Naval escapade it has some brief very good sequences of a Sunderland, low flying, landing, and access to door.

Actually filmed as far as I know at Plymouth, though the Amethyst and her sister ship were filmed on the Medway I think.

During the shelling sequences the charges planted in the river proved too close and/or powerful, stoving in part of the ship; the REAL Commander Kerrans was on board as an advisor, and immediately took over, organising damage control etc.

Richard Todd at his finest, a true story and one of the most exciting 'war' films ever made !

evansb
2nd May 2010, 00:01
Channel 4! 13:40? Tuesday? ! Are you sure? Wow! That will pre-empt Jamie Oliver!

The world is a big place. Check it out.

Thanks anywayze...

Double Zero
2nd May 2010, 00:25
Yup,

Just checked it again; but this is according to the Mail on Saturday, so any errors are of course the fault of ungodly imigrant satan-worshippers who are entitled to all housing if they marry smeone of the same sex and cut off a limb while carrying out burglaries etc...

Anyway that's what it says in my West Sussex area copy of the Movie Planner, C4 13:40 Tuesday.

The no. 82551244 is mentioned, I presume the old VideoPlus system.

If we could combine the 2 and have Jamie Oliver being shelled, I would pay good money to see that ...

longer ron
2nd May 2010, 06:28
I did manage to see a little of this old film during the week,inc the sunderland :ok:
Unfortunately I had to do some 'work breaks' so missed most of it LOL