PDA

View Full Version : Turbine to recip...

army_av8r
1st May 2010, 15:02
ok, so heres the question... I am looking to rent a S-300CBi in my home town, i am wondering how much time it would take to get checked out in the recip, as i have 1200 hours almost exclusively turbine time(Bell 206/Bell 406/OH-58D)... just looking for averages, obviously it is dependent on individual learning curve. i am overseas at the moment and dont have access to the FBO via phone or any checklist or RFM's. so if anyone has any "study stuff" to get familiar with the aircraft that would be amazing also! Thanks for your answers and any advice in advance!

GoodGrief
1st May 2010, 15:41
Where is your home town?
You hold a licence/certificate of what country?

Sorry, but the information you deliver lacks vital parts.

army_av8r
1st May 2010, 16:06
ahhh, good point... haha, sorry bout that, im a bit tired this morning! i hold an FAA instrument commercial rotor-craft, and Private pilot fixed wing SEL. home town of St. Louis, Missouri.

GoodGrief
1st May 2010, 16:22
I throw in three to eight hours at around $300 each.

army_av8r
1st May 2010, 16:34
ok, great thanks for some insight... i have been meaning to get learned up in Recips but havent had the location or time in the last few years, will be nice to fly the 300 again 1200 hours later. took my first few flights in it, then went to fly army birds... it'll be a nice change of pace!

Hedge36
1st May 2010, 17:43
Good luck - I'm sure you'll do fine, and I'm quite keen to hear of your impressions swapping seats for the 300.

Shawn Coyle
2nd May 2010, 13:16
Be ready for a perceived lack of performance - it's all relative, but to someone coming from any military helicopter, a civilian piston engine machine will definitely cause re-learning!