PDA

View Full Version : 3 peaks experience

Redplexus
29th Apr 2010, 21:08
simple question: anyone had, or know someone who has had, experience of ferrying pax between the notorious 3 peaks in one day? Ben Nevis, Ska Fell Pike and Snowdon. loads of planning and logistical challenges, but i figured someone out there may have already got the measure of it. Probably based somewhere north west. any takers?

anonythemouse
30th Apr 2010, 13:16
Try putting this into the Military forum as I remember 655 Sqn AAC doing exactly that back in the 90's suporting a team of military runners. :ok:

Kicking Horse
30th Apr 2010, 15:27
I was in Glen-Nevis on holiday a few years ago when a group did the '4-Peaks' (which includes a big lump of rock in Ireland). I seem to recall they had 2 helicopters, and they landed (in a nicely mown and quite flat field)by the youth-hostel in Glen-Nevis. Most of the land there is owned by the proprietors of the camp-site / holiday lodges / restaurant in the Glen. It might be worth giving them a call.

wingnut193
30th Apr 2010, 17:20
I was part of a army time that did the 4 peaks for children in need in the mid 90`s. We had a RAF chinook for our taxi.:ok:

Droopy
30th Apr 2010, 20:24
Shurely you'd have to do Ska Fell Pike in line astern dressed in tight black suits...

CVR
30th Apr 2010, 21:26
I did the 5 peaks over ten years ago with 2 helicopters, PM me if you need any help.

VfrpilotPB/2
2nd May 2010, 14:08
One of my pals did this about three years ago in a 109, if you need to, PM me and I'll pass his details to you.

Peter R-B
Vfr