PDA

View Full Version : Battersea Heliport reduces landing fees...

Bilbo Bagover
29th Apr 2010, 17:35
....if you fly a twin Squirrel or anything smaller.

Otherwise its a 15% increase or more. Just when the charter market was picking up they go and put up their fees. I guess they have given up on the excuse of being forced into increases due to lack of slots and are now basing their prices on what you can afford.

Guess its to try and pay for the very shiny, very empty hotel. First prize to a passenger who actually flies into the heliport and checks into the hotel. You fly into London to go to London not stay at a heliport.

Anyone know the room rates and if they offer a discount with overnight parking!!

New rates below as from Saturday. Thanks for the notice.

Robinson R22/R44
Bell 47
£350

Hughes 269
Enstrom F28/280
Schweizer 300
Hughes 369 /500
Enstrom 480
£350

MD 520 / 600
SA341/2 Gazelle
AS350 Squirrel
Eurocopter EC120
Eurocopter EC130
AgustaWestland 119
Bell 407/206/206L
£350

AS355 Twin Squirrel
Bolkow 105
£450

AgustaWestland 109
MD902 Explorer
Eurocopter EC135
Bell 427/429
Bell 222/230
Bell 430
Eurocopter
EC145/Bk117
Westland Lynx
£650

AgustaWestland 139
AS365 Dauphin
Eurocopter EC155
Bell 212/412
Sikorsky S76
£750

Flingingwings
29th Apr 2010, 17:42
Or £1500 for an S92 etc etc :{

Perhaps it's simply an incentive from The Group to entice people into their 355s :}

Somehow I doubt 'we'll' be getting anything new or extra for the increases :*

101BOY
29th Apr 2010, 18:20
It's ridiculous, but they're pretty much a monopoly so can do it with out a second thought. Northolt could see more trade I guess.

handbag
29th Apr 2010, 21:05
do they let you do free practice approaches there?

FloaterNorthWest
30th Apr 2010, 07:45
I was at Battersea in the week and spoke to the staff there. This increase came from the Von Essen Group.

How they can justify a 36% increase for S76 size aircraft and 18% for A109 size is beyond me! This size of aircraft must make up the majority of their traffic. Do they think that the owners/operators of these aircraft have unlimited funds? Everyone is having to justify costs in the current economic climate and £750 just to land is daylight robbery! I think it will be the end of our trips to Battersea.

How can the charter operators continue to operate with such high charges................unless of course they aren't being charged? :ugh:

Grand Ops
30th Apr 2010, 13:22
If people are happy to pay the extortionate prices to go into Silverstone for the Grand Prix, then Battersea will seem like a cut price day out.................
Charter Customers, no matter who they are, are seldom ever aware of cost - as it doesnt really matter to them. The rich will always pay to get where they want to go to..........and if you cannot afford it, you dont go there. This would appear to be a simple moral in life...........

My feeling is that the Heliport operator has been fair and realistic in their pricing structure............give them a break.............what would you do in their boots, something different?? I think not.!

:=:=

101BOY
5th May 2010, 13:41
http://www.northoltairfield.co.uk/Airfield/files/Jan%2010%20Landing%20rates%20Helis.pdf

Latest fees for the alternate.

Helinut
5th May 2010, 14:12
But that is the issue really, Northolt is not a suitable alternative for Central London proper. During the rush hour, it can take forever to get from Northolt to the City. That's the problem, Battersea is a monopoly and likely to stay so for the foreseeable future.

I just hold my breath that it is does not get done away with by some petulant politician.

ShyTorque
5th May 2010, 15:46
I just hope someone manages to open as a competitor. Bring back the shed.

TWO FACE
5th May 2010, 18:05
It's not exactly a perfect location, and requires a half hour drive for the PAX, but I've been flying my director into Southend Airport. Got a contact there whose an a familiar person with most people up north who does a sterling job of arranging handling, refuel and vehicle transport into London in double quick time. Landing fee's are a hell of a lot less than Battersea. If anyone wants any details PM me and I'll pass you his contact details.

skipzoid
25th Jun 2010, 08:10
I'm told by the locals that there used to be an active Airfied many many years ago at Malden Rushett, right by Chessington World of Adventures, perhaps someone should try and get it reopened - would be dead handy for vehicular access to London and the south being right near the M25 and the A3

Anyone with deap pockets ??

extreme 500
25th Jun 2010, 18:11
Whats a rotordyne fee???

Just have images of a bald scarred belgium doctor with his pinky in his mouth quoting "one hundred million dollars"

There are some places a Helicopter can take me and that is not one I desire!!

John R81
25th Jun 2010, 19:08
Skipzoid

It was still there when I passed last week. You can see it on Google Earth, South of the junction A243 / B280. Enter "Malden Rushett" and when the zoom stops, 5 o'clock from the "X" 4 fingers distant.

It is inside the London zone, you do understand.

By motorcycle it is about 30 minutes to central London (Charing Cross)from there. By car it would be significantly longer in traffic.

tomotomp
26th Jun 2010, 10:48
stricktly speaking its half outside the london zone:ok:

skipzoid
28th Jun 2010, 18:35
Yeah I know its still there - don't see many aircraft around though,

Last time I wandered near there was two fixed wings and a R44 there,

Is it privately owned?

How does being half inside/outside the london zone matter if you speak with them and gain permission?