PDA

View Full Version : Best ATPL Ground School 2010 Full Time (Merged)

MacGB
29th Apr 2010, 16:33
Hi Everyone,

I have looked at the archives and seen there was a thread for best ground school of 09 but as we all know things change incredibly quickly and as we're nearly half way through 2010 so thought I would ask the question.

What is the best ground school in your opinion? Do you have good or bad stories to tell? Even if you didn't go full-time were/are you DL where full-time happens, and get to bump into those ppl?

I have heard mainly good things about London Met apart from the books they use (Nordian), Excellent things about OAA are 'Books', however, not heard so much about what it is like there as a modular ground school only candidate. Oxford (Ground School only) appeals to me solely because most people say use the Oxford books. Oxford is Ģ1600 more than most other providers though.

Any info on other schools is great or more info on the above? If you read this and think 'I went to XYZ and I loved it or I hated it' Please help me out and let me know!

Word of mouth is great advice as I have been to see a few schools personally but we all know that when we do that we are judging the cover of the book, and not the book itself :)

Thanks Everyone and I hope all is well!

fabbe92
29th Apr 2010, 16:47
I am myself, searching fo the best GS but from my experience I can tell you, that everyone will tell you that their schools is great because people only go to one GS and therefore, they canīt comment on the other schools. You should do like me and visit the schools you are interested in and investigate wich option is best for you.

Good luck!

UAV689
29th Apr 2010, 16:47
Odd question as 99% of people will have only used one school!

But I used CATS, 94% average pass mark for me, distance learning, whilst working 7 days a week in 2 different jobs.

Top school and good notes, great price :ok: This school is rapidly becoming a massive player in the ATPL training, they are now around the world.

Stuart is a top teacher.

UAV

Wrightflyer1
2nd May 2010, 08:51
Just a quick blog about BGS. For those of you considering your ATPL options, then look no further. I'm due to finish my ATPL (distance learning) over the next few months and would like to share my experience with BGS. When I was looking for a school for distance learning, I had considered the slightly more price-competitive schools. However, on talking with certain persons and from looking at info on the net, I decided to go with BGS.

From start to finish, the standard and structure of the computer course, the online question bank, the classroom lessons and administrative support, BGS has performed well above my expectations. I would strongly recommend BGS to anyone considering their ATPL. :D:ok:

Andy_20
2nd May 2010, 11:37
Couldnt agree more :ok:

downwind24
2nd May 2010, 15:04
I was unfortunate , or so i thought at the time when AFT shut the GS doors in March , after signing up with Bristol they are worth every penny and then some !

Simon Woodward
5th Jul 2010, 21:26
Hi

Interested to see your post! Im currently doing the CPL disctance learning at Atlantic but given the current question marks there Im seriously considering the ATPL at Bristol even though Ill probably just instruct. The quality of the course and materials look second to none, would you agree??

Simon

EGCC4284
6th Jul 2010, 13:57
Simple answer

Bristol Ground School

Bristol.gs (http://www.bristolgroundschool.eu/groundschool/main.aspx)

Ask for feedback on their forum, which you can join even if your not signed up to BGS yet

ATP Forum - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.atpforum.co.uk/)

ego180
6th Jul 2010, 14:22
Mac is looking for full time ground school that is different from distance learning:)