PDA

View Full Version : EK flights swap policy has changed

cheickyour6
29th Apr 2010, 14:31
:{:{ that was our last way to get a better life ....... Good decision to increase sick calls ! I have never done it before , I have never posted any comment in years , but now .........it's too much !:D

emratty
29th Apr 2010, 15:05
I don't see what is worse?? Two swaps a month is better than the one we are allowed at the moment and to me it seems right that you are paid for the trip you actually do.
At last they are going to implement a system similar to the cabin crew in order to swap trips a change which has been on the pilots wish list for years.

Time2go
29th Apr 2010, 15:51
I think that it is a very welcome change:D pay me what i fly and if i want to do some overtime by 5 hours i get paid for it after a swap . It seems very fair ! Finally a positive change... and an Eswap shop on the way :ok:

Sabeji
29th Apr 2010, 16:14
Guys! Honestly! You know why this happened!
And I don't want anyone saying that's because "THEY" want "US" to be unhappy.
There has been abuse recently by a few individuals and "WE" are "ALL" paying for it!
I remember reading on the swap mails how a guy was cheated by someone who dindn't want to pay the difference.
Also we all heard about people swapping just co call sick when they banked the money for the time difference...

And really, 2 swap a month would be enough if we just bring the hours to a normal level or if at least we were getting paid for the overtime. So let's concentrate on the real issue.

Let's just hope enough new guys will come so we can have back a normal level of flying per month...

mensaboy
29th Apr 2010, 18:25
Geeze, who cares if the swap policy has changed, that is not the underlying problem here. I can't swap even a turn, because my sked is so tight. It is fascinating to me that any pilot is actually suggesting that because a pilot has not met his obligations to another pilot, that this is the reason the policy has changed! Either you are incredibly dim-witted or you are a company stooge.

Granted I know nothing about the details of this policy change but I know before even reading the email/FCN/FCI/OEB/Ed Rebuttal, that the reason behind this alledged change is simply based on the fact that it will make THEIR lives easier and OUR lives more miserable.

After reading excerpts from pilots defending the recent company lack of response to NO WATER at DSO, and other such responses to the obvious abuse of us as human beings, I am starting to wonder if we deserve what we get.

Perhaps EK has finally reached the threshold point where the idiots out number the normal people.

PorkKnuckle
30th Apr 2010, 05:28
Maybe it's a farewell "F*ck You" to us from TCED because of all the slaggings he's worn over the years. Or that thing with the IRS.

Gregale
30th Apr 2010, 11:32
emratty, you're wrong. You were only allowed to swap the same duty once. If for eg you change a trip, you weren't then allowed to change that trip again for something else. With regards to number of swaps, I don't recall any limiting amount, until now of course.

emratty
30th Apr 2010, 12:05
Sorry Gregale you are wrong check he FOM ch 4 " Each crewmember is permitted to take part in one roster swap per month"
Its been there the 8 years I have been here.
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good moan though!

Gregale
30th Apr 2010, 15:17
emratty, you're right, owe you a beer on that one. Having said that, it wasn't really enforced.

mensaboy
1st May 2010, 18:35
A word of caution regarding flight swaps.

There are some pilots at EK who have no problem agreeing to pay someone to take their trip, only to never pay them. This is happening to F/O's on the Airbus fleet and although I don't know of cases on the Triple7, it's probably evident there as well.

Obviously I shouldn't name names, because I cannnot conclusively prove it, nor is it any of my business, but I'm certain it's true based on my knowledge of the pilots who told me they got screwed. So, a few hints here might save someone from working a pairing on their days-off for no compensation.

These individuals feel that there will be no repercussions for their actions and quite frankly, they are correct. They are also paid more each month so dropping a couple of trips for 1000dhs wouldn't hurt them too much, even if they did meet their obligations.

These examples are just another symptom of a group that has no values and feels they are above the law. It's kind of like being involved in an accident and you are blameless, yet you are found at fault due to your relative status.

It's sad that a few bad apples disparage the majority, but I for one will never do them a favor in the future.

Heed this warning and never agree to swap or be paid for a trip from certain individuals or take your chances, it's your choice.