PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 150

longrass
28th Apr 2010, 22:16
2 questions....

1) If I can drop cash for an aircraft, would I be better off financing it for the tax benefits?

2) Has anyone got maintenance estimates or calculations for O-200 Cessna 150?

Thank you gentleman!

VH-XXX
28th Apr 2010, 22:41
Not much point financing it unless it's going online.

longrass
28th Apr 2010, 23:44
Why do you say that?

VH-XXX
28th Apr 2010, 23:50
Well how else are you going to get tax benefits by financing an aircraft for private use?

bentleg
29th Apr 2010, 11:12
Why do you say that?

To answer it another way. You can only claim deductions if the aircraft is producing income, and to do that it has to be online, or you run a commercial operation with an AOC. Private flying (only) doesn't qualify for deductions IMHO - but talk to an accountant if you want real advice.

Triple Captain
29th Apr 2010, 12:16
Dear me.

Why do people not understand, there is no 'benefit' in paying interest to the bank!

Owning an aircraft, you will have more then enough expense 'deductions'.

It must be time for Today Tonight to report again the savings that can be made on buying 'black and gold' brand tinned food.

longrass
29th Apr 2010, 22:51
You have obviously no business knowledge do you? Goes to show why your still working for someone at age 40

Curare
30th Apr 2010, 01:37
This is going to be good :eek:

VH-XXX
30th Apr 2010, 01:46
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~njah1/MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

tail wheel
30th Apr 2010, 11:22
Longrass:

Your statement:

If I can drop cash for an aircraft, would I be better off financing it for the tax benefits?

Makes very little sense to anyone. Some of the responses did make sense and hardly justified your:

You have obviously no business knowledge do you? Goes to show why your still working for someone at age 40

It may surprise you the depth of serious aviation business experience that exists on this forum!

:mad: