PDA

View Full Version : Aerocare-Tiger Melbourne

wheels_down
26th Apr 2010, 21:41
Not alot of Aerocare info out there or on here we go.

Looking at going for a job as ground crew at Melbourne (Service) but have a few questions. In regards to:
-Hours offered? My availabilty is good, wanting 30+hrs, what are my chances?
-Overtime, I hear thats a no?
-Payrate etc..
-Do they put you in at Tiger and Pacific Blue, or just one.

Yeah I know Tiger are dodgy at times, but hey, I cant keep funding my flying from the Woolworths payrate.

PM me if you need to. Appreciate any info.

wombat_keeper
27th Apr 2010, 08:33
If you love your retail career as far as i remember Coles actually pays more than Woollies !!
Service station guys ( especially grave yard shift ) are getting around the $27+ an hour mark.
My opinion as for Aero Care is if your thinking you could get a permanant part time job there, pay your own way to get to tulla
and have enough money to fly and QUALITY time left over to study think again.
The Ramp game is getting cut to the bone. A $ 40 a turnaround difference is enough for a budget airline to change contractors.
Expect to be on Retail wage with no Airline Industry Discount scheme, running around injuring your body ,doing split shifts over a 7 day roster suppling your own boots ,possibly paying for an ASIC (which you probably have anyway) Youll still need one with their logo and security strip on it. )
All this and no real overtime !
Ive made a good career ( financially speaking ) out of all things transport and let me tell you the only way to make any money out of a gig like this is OVERTIME as much as you can get !!! .
Without it your wasting you body and time for some undeserving old prick that just sits back and counts the cash.
If your really keen on a proper ramp job try QF or their subsiduary companies.

Jethro Gibbs
27th Apr 2010, 11:26
they offer crap hours split shifts and pay not worth looking at.:eek:
Successful applicants will need to undertake pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and dangerous goods training at their own expense prior to commencing training.
they should GET REAL search aero care on seek.

PyroTek
27th Apr 2010, 13:24
If you love your retail career as far as i remember Coles actually pays more than Woollies !!

It's a bit hard to tell with Salaried staff, but for EBA staff this is true.
Anyway, off topic.

I work for woolies.:\

Cactusjack
2nd May 2010, 11:15
Why not try DJ ramp ? Most staff these days come from McDonalds and Bunnings, so there must be more coin in slinging bags than working at Coles and Woolies ?